• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker figures?

go to yahoo and do a search for a group called "strokers". sounds funny i know but they are a group dedicated to stroking the Jeep 4.2/4.0 they have more info than you know what to do with.

Dingo

I know of a few who did dyno their strokers but the results will vary depending on the stroker specs, tranny type, the gear in which the dyno run is done, and the type of dyno that was used. Axle gear ratio and tire size also affect the results on a chassis dyno.
I didn't dyno my own 4.6 stroker but based on the performance numbers that I'm getting from my XJ, I've estimated outputs of 265hp @ 4900rpm and 325lbft @ 3500rpm at the flywheel assuming a 17% drivetrain loss (I have an AX15 5-speed).
I extrapolated my torque curves from performance numbers that I obtained with my engine in various configurations during the ten years that I've had my Jeep. Here they are:

Torque.jpg

Stock 4.0: 193hp/240lbft
Modified 4.0: 240hp/280lbft (maxed out external bolt-on mods, ported head)
Stroker: 265hp/325lbft

I plugged my stroker specs into Dyno 2000 and the virtual dyno results (260hp/321lbft) are almost identical to my calculated numbers. The difference is probably because I can't plug the dual electric fan conversion, TB spacer, and synthetic oil into Dyno 2000.

Last edited:
Back