• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gear ratio for a d 35

No. At least I don't think so. :confused:
It should be on a tag that is secured to the rearend with one of the diff cover bolts.
It would be safe to assume that you have a 3:55 gear ratio.
HTH,
Dan.

Which vehicle is it for, what engine, and what tranny?

Pull the diff cover if you can...the tooth count of the R&P is stamped along the outside of the ring gear. Just spin it around until you see a set of 2 numbers by themselves. Divide the larger one by the smaller one to get the ratio.
Jeff

Actually the BOM or Bill of Materials number will normally give you all the information you need off of the Dana website. Most XJs are within the years of the database so that will work.

Can't you jack up one side and rotate the tire one revolution and count the number of times the front of the pinion rotates???? At least one could determine the difference, lets say from 3.08 vs. a 3.55. Closer ratios may more difficult to tell apart. SOme one correct me if I am wrong.

Back