• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extraxtion party run Sunday 06-01-03(Miller Jeep Trail)

Xjman1

NAXJA Forum User
I know I can count on the SOCALXJ boys for a hand :) Any one up for some fun for a good cause this weekend? This was a stolen vehicle left abandoned on one of our trials, near a stream. Do not want it used as ammo to close another trail.

PointMugu4x4 Message:

Okay all I just talked to Chris and here's our plan. We will meet on Sunday to extract the Dodge Prospector. We are planning on cutting it up and hauling it out in pieces to simplify the process, as this is a very heavy vehicle and a difficult trail to tow up. We will need the following:

* A generator to power Chris' sawzall.
* As many vehicles as possible to haul out pieces, 4x4 pick ups would
be nice even in the Toyota flavorJ (hint, hint)
* Off road capable trailers would be nice to have.
* Bring your tools to help remove the motor, transmission, transfer case, etc.
* Containers to capture fluids from vehicle (Oil, Gas, etc)
* Chains, straps, a couple 8' 2X4's (to lift the engine out). Chris
will provide.
* Jack stands, but then maybe we'll just roll the thing on it's side
to get to the stuff underneath.

Meeting times will be as follows:

*For those coming from Ventura County, we will be LEAVING Fillmore McDonalds at 8:00 am
*For those coming from other areas we will regroup and Fuel up at the Flying J in Fraizer Park at 9:00 am. You can meet us there.

Goal is to be on the trail by 10:00 am and straight to the Dodge.
This may take several weekend to accomplish so all help is very much appreciated. Please let us know if you will be able to help and/or may be able to lend equipment to those going.
Be ready to work as this is going to be FUN!!

Joe

Damn, I'd help if I could be I've got to work all weekend :( But definatly keep posting on extractions! Not only do you get the warm and fuzzies for cleaning up a trail but it's kinda fun!

Sequoia

Extraction Party

It is a blast and for a great cause. We all use ther trails and once in a while need to give back. They are trying to open some new trails up that way so the more money we can save the forest service the more opportunity for us users.

Success

Well all in all it was a Success!! The Dodge is on top of the mountian and it is now in the FS hands. Basically removed doors and Hoods to lighten it up a little. Thye got hauled up in the back of a stock, newer Ford Ranger on 255x75x15 tires. He is the guy I had to get through with another guy fromout club. He did great though.
Now on to the Dodge, Basically towed up the hill by Gerry(TJ/37's) From On The Rocks jeep club, Chris(YJ/35's) from Point Mugu4x4 club, Earl(TJ/35's?). They made hellof good time going up that hill and omnly really had trouble in one spot, due to the soft soil providing no traction. I will say it was a testament to WARN winches as the mosied this beast up Millers. Hope to have pics soon.

Joe

P.S. It was interesting stripping this thing down as some IDIOT was shooting and bullets were flying over our heads. Had to use the Ol' USMC lowcrawl to get close enough to tell the IDIOT "THERE IS A TRAIL DOWN THERE AND PEOPLE WORKING". He said he was sorry and did not know what was back there, told him if no back stop in sight then check where you are shooting first!!! Believe it or not he then asked to help with his NEW Rubicon!!
Damn, Jeep made it easier for the idiots to get into the woods!!

Re: Success

Xjman1 said:
Gerry(TJ/37's) From On The Rocks jeep club

This Gary?
picture.JPG

BTW, good job guys! It's good to know there's others out there willing to put in the effort to keep our trails open. :thumbup:

Jes

Ooops GARY not Gerry

I knew I was wrong and should have went with my instinct. Yes, that is Gary, one heck of a good guy and great rig!

Joe

Heck, I don't know if I spelled it right either, it may be spelled Garry. :)
Ya, he's a nice guy and fun to wheel with too.

Jes

Back