• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Signal Peak trail this Sunday 16th

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to try to make this run this Sunday with the Boonie Bouncers club out of Sac. If anyone wants to come, we are meeting at the Newcastle exit (just east of Rocklin) eastbound off of I-80 at 9 and leaving at 9:30.

Crashes quote on the trail: "Signal Peak is pretty mild, but has a great view at the top! A fun run for a shakedown cruise."

Come 1 come all. I will try to be there as well, I'm finishing up my rear axle and a few other things on my xj, but should be there. If not, don't be shy, this is a fun group from the Sac area. Let's show them what our Grocery Getters can do! :guitar:

how is the trail? hard, medium, easy? been busy at work, but i'm going to try to have my lift on by saturday. if this happens its a very good posibility that i go. thanks for the invite.

87cheif said:
how is the trail? hard, medium, easy? been busy at work, but i'm going to try to have my lift on by saturday. if this happens its a very good posibility that i go. thanks for the invite.

What lift are you running? I'm finishing up putting my rear detroit locked dana 44 in my xj & getting my steering wheel fixed, the whole steering wheel moves, I think the whole column is broken/loose. I'm still waiting for the wiring for my arb dana 30. I need the wiring for the comp, switches, etc. & then I should be totally locked up and ready for some hard trails. Heah, are you coming on the rubicon run mid June?

87cheif said:

The trail is pretty easy I've been told so you might not even need a lift to run it. I don't know though. I'll try to do some seaches on yahoo to get more details. I know it is real close to the Fordyce trail.

Come on you guys, who in for this run Sunday? I know I mentioned it really late, but I'm really close to being done and actually making it for the run myself. Let's show those guys what our grocery getters can do! :guitar:

Don't get too excited, I'm pretty sure my wife's corolla could make it to signal peak :D

Maybe even my new blazer ;)

basalt51 said:
Don't get too excited, I'm pretty sure my wife's corolla could make it to signal peak :D

Maybe even my new blazer ;)

It's that easy of a trail? I got to stop hanging with that 4x4 group (Boonie Bouncers), they pic some wimpy trails I guess. I heard we were supposed to climb to the top of the peak I guess. I just got my dana 44 with a detroit in there tonight. The trail is real close to Fordyce and the Bowman Lake trail we did last on the snow run. I don't know why people make such a big deal about a rear detroit. I can bark the tires real good if I give it some gas around the corner and I sometimes hear it click, but it is pretty mild so far. I only drove about 2 miles after I put the axle in and got everything hooked up. Is Signal Peak at least very scenic, but is it just a fire road or something. Man I'm pretty disappointed then. Say it aint so.

basalt51 said:

Yeah if she has a lift kit on it :laugh2: It was pretty mild and most of the club was content at heading back home at 3 when we got done with the trail, but I talked some people into joining me on Fordyce so we went 2 hrs into the trail before we had to head back before it got dark, plus people in huge Toyota monster buggies came down the trail and said that the lake or river down trail was unpassable. That is an awesome trail my rear detroit really came in handy.

The trail was pretty mild, but there was some good size rocks to crawl over. It was alot of fun. Here are some pics of the run. I then went 2-1/2 hrs into Fordyce which was really run and scenic. I of course have the silver 2 door xj in 4 pics. The Boonie Bouncers are a pretty mild group although a few members were up to doing Fordyce after we got back to the parking lot around 3 p.m.

http://www.booniebouncers.com/trail_shots_2004_signal_peak.htm

Troy

Back