• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockcrawlers Weak???

The Allied and Tech1 RockCrawlers are very strong, and both would serve you well when converted to beadlocks. I have seen 3 American Racing "Daytona" style wheels bend up. Stay away from AR's, they are easily made out by their red and blue striping, and they are too thin for all but web-wheeling.

CRASH

CRASH said:
The Allied and Tech1 RockCrawlers are very strong, and both would serve you well when converted to beadlocks. I have seen 3 American Racing "Daytona" style wheels bend up. Stay away from AR's, they are easily made out by their red and blue striping, and they are too thin for all but web-wheeling.

CRASH

Thanks Crash! I bet that's where the confusion came from. Anybody know a good place to get the real thing?

I beat the piss out of those Rockcrawlers on your rig, Billy, and I was VERY pleased with how they stood up. For $45 per wheel, they are a nice rim. Far stronger than the AR 767s.

Also, I got my hummer beadlocks with recenters for around $160 per. I know that Dean makes 6 lug also if that is what you are going to run. Hummers have the run flats and lock both beads.

SeanP

SeanP said:
Also, I got my hummer beadlocks with recenters for around $160 per. I know that Dean makes 6 lug also if that is what you are going to run. Hummers have the run flats and lock both beads.

SeanP

That's tempting... but this Axle swap is already costing me a friggin' ton (on my budget), and I know I'm not going to want to wait another month or two after they're done just cuz I don't have wheels :( That's why I think I'll just get the rock crawlers and then beadlock them later. Where'd you get yours from for $45/each? America's/Discount Tire?

Back