• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 HP in a '00-'01 XJ

maxbraketorque

NAXJA Forum User
There is some controversy about whether a D30HP fits in a 2000-2001 XJ without hitting the exhaust during full compression of the driver side. There are a few threads on the internet indicating that the pinion shaft snout will hit the exhaust pipes coming off the header. I can say for sure that a properly centered D30HP fits in a 2000-2001 federal emissions XJ without issue. Even a badly mis-centered (towards the passenger side) D30HP will not hit the exhaust of a federal emissions XJ.

A 50-state 2000-2001 XJ may have the exhaust pipes after the pre-cat shifted 1-2" closer to driver side, but I still think the pinion shaft snout will easily clear if its properly centered.

Before I swapped the TJ Rubi 44 in the front of my 01, it had a HP30 swapped in by the previous owner. With a slight lift (also installed by the PO) there was no interference between the pinion snout and exhaust.

I just swapped out a HP30 from a 2001. Never had any interference issues but I also had 5-6" of lift. Seems like all of us had a decent lift...not sure if you could get away with it on stock ride height. I'm guessing that's where the controversy comes from.

I just swapped out a HP30 from a 2001. Never had any interference issues but I also had 5-6" of lift. Seems like all of us had a decent lift...not sure if you could get away with it on stock ride height. I'm guessing that's where the controversy comes from.

Perhaps, although I was able to get the the bump stop plates in the coil buckets within 1/4" of the rubber bumpers, both in flex and in uniform compression, and still not close. But maybe it would hit on an XJ with pre-cats.

'01, 4.5" lift. I have had an HP D30 for 17 years. Definitely doesn't hit the exhaust

Back