• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic request of 32' or 275' or 280 tires!

Xjin85

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who are running your XJs with 32's or 275's or 280's tires! LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!

Yea, I'm the guy that asked. Yes, of course, there are tons of threads on this but let's refresh and see some new pics!

Today I order my tires and want to make a comparison of the two from looking at your jeeps!

Both are 2000's, Big Bro on 265/75-16's with 5.5" lift and Lil Sis on 31 x 10.50 - 15's with about 3" of lift(I didn't install it).
IMG_0379_zps6bvsh5yi.jpg

20180325_153213_zpsau2x0bwg.jpg

I give up, sure would be nice to be able to post pics and edit pists like every other forum I use. Oh well

Your pics are working for me!

What offset/backspace rims? Any fender work?

If memory serves 3 25 backspace ??
Front wheel well pinch seams flattened, early year model flares all around and the front ones are mounted higher than original.
Only rubbing is very slight at full stuff while near full turn.

If memory serves 3 25 backspace ??
Front wheel well pinch seams flattened, early year model flares all around and the front ones are mounted higher than original.
Only rubbing is very slight at full stuff while near full turn.

Thanks. 3.25" backspace is a lot of dish. Probably 3.75" or 4.25" backspace.

Interesting to hear about switching to early model fenders. I had not thought of that. Do they bolt up to the late model mounting system?

So you did have to flatten the pinch seams. Have the front fender liners been removed?

Rear flares are a direct bolt on the existing holes, the front I drilled new holes due to raising them. Don't remember if they matched the stock holes.
I needed them higher after shedding a couple of late model ones.
The well liners are still in place.

Rear flares are a direct bolt on the existing holes, the front I drilled new holes due to raising them. Don't remember if they matched the stock holes.
I needed them higher after shedding a couple of late model ones.
The well liners are still in place.

Thanks, so this setup works with 33" tires too?

Back