• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSC Power Steering Pump Reservoir

waggy401

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got tired of my whiney WJ power steering pump that could barely turn my wheels at low RPMs, and invested in a PSC system. Northridge had a coupon. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the reservoir not letting the hood close. (2000 XJ)

After a bit of research it looks like other people have mounted theirs up in front of the air box. Is that my only option, or at least the best option? Has anyone else come up with an alternative? I really didn't want to spend money on a new filter kit after buying this thing.

Thanks.

I just used their SP-1205 which utilizes the factory reservoir.

Factory reservoir model is probably your best bet.
PSC says your reservoir should be within a foot of the pump and Always above it.

So if you say "oh well I'll have to exceed a foot" well the further away you get the more you lose "always above" during climbs, descents or off camber positions.
I had to make a hole for my hydroboost anyway, might as well have 2.
7XL02ER.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering a THOR cowl intake to clear the area the stock airbox takes up. Then I modified the PSC reservoir mount to go between the radiator and computer. That put it about the same height as the stock reservoir, if not a little higher. I'll post a picture when it's done.

I used the brake master cylinder mounting bolt bracket that PSC offered/supplied, and widened it to fit the WJ master and booster. I think I had to notch out a hole in the fender for the reservoir to sit low enough to close the hood. It was pretty far back, and low, but there is suction created by the pump and I never had issues with it.

I used the brake master cylinder mounting bolt bracket that PSC offered/supplied, and widened it to fit the WJ master and booster. I think I had to notch out a hole in the fender for the reservoir to sit low enough to close the hood. It was pretty far back, and low, but there is suction created by the pump and I never had issues with it.

Any chance you have some pictures of this?

Back