• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm fitment questions using RE Long arms

Nugget

NAXJA Forum User
I recently found a deal on some RE Long arms, Track-bar and TB bracket, Currie HD tie rod set and some other small stuff. I found RE part number RE9920 and I thought that was the COMPLETE crossmember kit but today I found out I'd have to buy that and RE9922 and I honestly don't want to spend $430 on those parts AND the RE crossmembers use a crap ton of bolts.

I am now looking into running a different companies crossmember and running these RE arms.

I am looking at:

Synergy brackets
Iron Rock crossmember
Clayton 3 piece crossmember
TnT (if they will sell me just the crossmember)

Will all of these crossmembers or brackets work with the RE Long arms? I'm not a welder so I cannot fab my own stuff and would need to have a buddy weld in whatever brackets/mounts I get.

Definitely do frame stiffeners before you do anything else.
The synergy brackets may work, I think the clayton arms might be longer? So not sure if there is enough adjustment there. I guess you would have to compare eye to eye length measurements between the different companies arms, to know for sure. IIRC, the TNT belly pan alone is 450-500$
Did you already buy/do you already have the RE parts? Possibly consider selling them and just go with another kit?

I think the only one that might work would be tnt's cross member, but not 100% on that either....

I'd either buy the RE crossmember or just pass on the whole thing....

I ran RE LA's with a Clayton crossmember, the RE arms will be close to it's shortest length with a stockish wheelbase.

I stand corrected! I thought the Clayton crossmember had the mounts farther back so to speak, but I guess not...

Back