• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 Fender Foam Inserts

stleus

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where these fender foam liners go......I bought a damaged Jeep and I am took off the fender to replace it with another and out fell these pieces of foam. I can't tell where they come from and I don't see them in a parts diagram.....I want to put them on in their intended locations.

AF1QipMXLz-RFOySNOwSJErAU8Y1X9e6YBiVedW78GmO

AF1QipP0DoTgDTE7f-7GSAsBxz8lDh4HlnB_hjxvCfMa

The smaller piece is glued to the bigger piece and if you look at the back of the fender in front of the door will see the shape of the foam letting you know where it goes.
I chose to use a 3" diameter pool noodle there instead.
Cut in half diameter wise and to the appropriate length.
Would show you some shot but one of the things I don't like about this site is that I can't post pictures like I can on the other forums without a third party photo thing.
Which I refuse to do.
LOL.

I'm not sure what this foam is for, but I am sure that I am not a fan of anything that holds water against steel parts because that usually is where rot problems occur. Unless it is needed for some very good reason, I would leave the foam out personally.

Its closed foam so it doesnt hold any water, they are there to keep water, mud, and debris from being throw up and into the door hinge area!

Back