• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen 98 2-door, Oakland

McKannix

NAXJA Forum User
Hey XJ Peeps-

My 98 2-door 5-speed was stolen out of my driveway today...
Black, 4.5 RE flex lift, XJ steelies painted black with 31.5 MT's.
JCR front bumper with hitch receiver, CB mount tab on driver front fender, home-made 2-bar roof rack, Mastercraft driver's seat, Tom Woods driveshaft, gas tank skid plate... you know- all the usual stuff.
Just a shout into the dark in case anyone sees it-

Thanks,
Scott

Hey XJ Peeps-

My 98 2-door 5-speed was stolen out of my driveway today...
Black, 4.5 RE flex lift, XJ steelies painted black with 31.5 MT's.
JCR front bumper with hitch receiver, CB mount tab on driver front fender, home-made 2-bar roof rack, Mastercraft driver's seat, Tom Woods driveshaft, gas tank skid plate... you know- all the usual stuff.
Just a shout into the dark in case anyone sees it-

Thanks,
Scott

That just plain suck. When my 1994 was stolen out the driveway in Miami it felt like a gut punch. And it was not running, parts were missing after an accident.
For a while I thought the XJ steal craze had ended then a few days ago I saw online the resale price for some, and I got scared again. $13,000 to 18,000 with up to 175,000 miles.

Here's one from early days.
CA 5HVM173.

Now has black steel XJ rims w/ 31.5 MT tires, 4.5" lift.
Custom track bar stiffener.
No front drive shaft - just re-geared rear (8.25) but hadn't installed the new gears, shafts, Eaton locker, etc. in the front (Dana HP) - all in the back, sadly.
The rig and the parts being gone is bad, but man, the hours of work!
Thanks

IMG_0745.jpg

Re: Stolen 98 2-door, Oakland (recovered)

Just a quick update-

Alameda PD recovered in (more or less) one piece.
Lost my winch, compressor, ONE of the uninstalled front axles and a bunch of parts, but the XJ is mostly OK.
And of course the ignition switch is wrecked and the passenger door lock.

Need to do a compression check since I think they overheated it.
Based on the stuff they left behind (license plates from other cars, paperwork, etc.) looks like they were using it to scout rides to steal.

Another variation on the Urban Living Tax...

Wow

Back