• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seen any for sale?

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into buying one. If anyone sees a good 9ne let me know!

I should that I'm most interested in a short bed, motor/trans doesnt matter.

Id recommend looking on FB and CL. Ive seen a few available in the northern and central California area.

Comancheclub also used to have someone who would do a search and post every available truck and the link to find them in a single thread.

Any specifics beyond SB? Year, trim, budget, distance, etc? They have gotten more expensive but deals are still around.

I did call him but unfortunately although nice it's a "bought not built" rig and hes trying to recoup the money invested!

Yep, he's over on CC and while it's nice not 25k nice. He'll probably be closer to 15k and that's even a stretch.

Yep, he's over on CC and while it's nice not 25k nice. He'll probably be closer to 15k and that's even a stretch.

Agreed. Something funny in his smoking pipe. I get that the comanche was limited numbers compared to the XJ, and not many surviving examples in great shape like that…realistically though, its a Jeep…not a 60s muscle car, etc. $8500-$12k tops if its 100% rebuilt i think is a realistic number if it were sitting on a used car lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Something funny in his smoking pipe. I get that the comanche was limited numbers compared to the XJ, and not many surviving examples in great shape like that…realistically though, its a Jeep…not a 60s muscle car, etc. $8500-$12k tops if its 100% rebuilt i think is a realistic number if it were sitting on a used car lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see someone easily putting down $15-18K if everything is in top shape. Any good used car that's cool is going to cost at least that much money.

I saw that one yesterday but it's a LB.

No, most definitely a short bed. If it was a long bed the gas cap would be closer to the rear fender. SWB is in the middle.

Like so

Jeep_Comanche_4.0L_High_Output_six_base_long-bed_model_MD-2.jpg

Geez, sorry for the massive pic. NAXJA and photos suck.

Good catch, helps me identify them as a dont know MJ's that well. :yelclap:

Good catch, helps me identify them as a dont know MJ's that well. :yelclap:

No prob, I got 2. I have some knowledge on them but tiny compared to some MJ gurus over on CC.

Why on earth would someone set that up with a '95/'96 airbag steering wheel? That is the one thing I would like to ditch on my '96.

Im not a fan of those for looks for sure but maybe they thought the airbag makes it safer?

What is holding you back from swapping the wheel or column to get rid of the airbag? If it is just the concern of a mechanical airbag, you can always just back the upper bolt out on top of the wheel.

Back