• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jack Points for Control Arm Drop Kit Install

OkieXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
'91 4.0, AW4, NP231, Dana 30 front, Ford 8.8 rear, soon to be 4.5" coils up front, 3" leafs w/ 1.5" shackles out back.

I can't jack up the Jeep where I normally would because the kit requires access to the frame rail from the control arm mount all the way back to the cross member. I can jack behind that but then the jack stand would be supporting the Jeeps entire weight in the middle and be unstable. Or I can jack on the bumper (Custom4x4 Fabrications) that ties into the frame. I started to do this first but the amount of frame droop made me uncomfortable. Any thoughts or experience?

1v8MP55.jpeg

You'll be fine placing the jack stands on the bumper or even the forward frame rail.

I lifted mine from just behind the frame mounts (where you currently have the jacks). I mounted the drop brackets and hooked up the control arms. I then lifted the Jeep and placed the jacks under the axle and mounted the frame braces.

You'll be fine placing the jack stands on the bumper or even the forward frame rail.
Thanks for the feedback.

I lifted mine from just behind the frame mounts (where you currently have the jacks). I mounted the drop brackets and hooked up the control arms. I then lifted the Jeep and placed the jacks under the axle and mounted the frame braces.

That is a good idea, I didn't even consider doing that.

Same here........

Just make sure the jackstands are against the cross member so you have room for working in front of them

Last edited:
Back