• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive line vibrations

ZJTROY

NAXJA Forum User
Had a growling noise on acceleration found i had a collapsed passenger side motor mount (see pic) replaced it now there is a bad drive line vibration at 60 to 70 MPH. Drive line angle is correct took out drive shaft and run with it off you can still feel it. Almost like transfer case or trans issue. Has anyone seen this before I start digging into it with both shovels?

20190601_153819.jpg

You could have a bad tranny/tcase mount. If your motor mount was shot it's going to place that stress somewhere else along the driveline. If you eliminated bad ujoints/driveshafts by pulling them the mounts would be the area I'd look next.

P.S. pic never showed up

Is it rotational? I have a vibe that only occurs between 45 to 50 mph. I've been thinking it's a front drive shaft.

If you removed the front driveshaft and it's still there, I'd look at the other engine mounts, front axle joints, and the rear driveshaft u-joints.

Have not been on here in a while, after lots of parts and cash I finally got a great deal on a rebuilt trans. And low and behold all vibrations went away. Go figure.:party:

Was the overdrive lock-up in the torque converter bad? I did have to get our trans rebuilt for that reason. The ZJ would sound like it was buzzing and vibrating really bad starting at 45 mph.

Back