• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat interchangeability guide

Badland

NAXJA Forum User
Hello - I searched for a thread addressing upgrades or interchangeability of other seats into a 2000 Cherokee and came up empty handed. I am sure it's been a discussion thread before, so sorry to start a new thread. I am just curious if anyone has experimented with newer seat installations (not the GC seats thru 2004)?

For the 1995.5 to 2001 XJ Cherokee; ZJ and WJ front seats bolt onto the XJ seat base/floor mount. Rear seats kinda fit if your name is Bubba.

Last edited:
Thanks! Has anyone tried seats out of newer Chryslers or Jeeps? I understand there would be mount fabrication issues/opportunities, just curious to learn of any successful experiments.

Early mode tjs have the same seat pattern. The later ones till 06 have a completely different seat. Kinda like how everyone things the seat break on xj is 97. When it’s actually 95.

Back