• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Laredo FS in SE Michigan

RyanE

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks,

Well, the sad day has come when we have to say goodbye to our XJ. It is a 1991 grey Laredo with an indicated 123,xxx miles. It is a 4.0 with an AW4 automatic plus a NP 231 transfer case behind it. It has power windows, power locks, air that blows cold, and the factory towing package.

We've had it for a couple of years as my wife's winter vehicle, and I have replaced many parts on it. Here's the list of the important parts replaced in the last 3,000 miles/2 years:

-battery
-starter
-battery/starter cables
-rebuilt alternator
-fan clutch
-fan shroud
-radiator
-radiator hoses
-water pump
-thermostat
-power steering hoses
-all lifters (plus head gasket, of course)
-rebuilt front vacuum disconnect
-vacuum switch (the one on the transfer case)
-vehicle speed sensor
-windshield (had some small cracks when we got the XJ)
-rotors
-pads
-shoes and hardware
-wheel cylinders
-master cylinder

I change the oil about every six months, and broke in the lifters with the proper oil for a solid lifter cam.

The exterior is a little rough, but the only rust is on the driver's door, which was replaced sometime before we got the Jeep. The main problem is a small water leak (when it rains) somewhere around the driver's door. I imagine that this could be fixed by someone with more time than me. Either that, or turn it into an off road rig and don't worry about it. My wife says that the car wants to be a trail Jeep :)

I'm looking for $1200 OBO - I think that's fair based on the condition of the car.

We're in Novi, MI, and so is the Jeep until we put it up for sale at a friend's repair shop. We can meet you around the area to show the car. You can contact me at ryan.echlin (at) gmail.com or call me at 734-717-7133 before 10 pm or after 7 am.

Thanks for looking,
Ryan

Back