• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5” control arm question

Axelxj96

NAXJA Forum User
Before I begin I’ve done research but I would like to get some opinions on what route to go... so I recently lifted my xj on 33 on a 4.5-5” lift but I did not think the lower control arm was going to be so close to hitting the shock mount as my previous xj had more clearance and I’m pretty sure it was same lift height but basically what I want to go about it the cheapest way possible for now or would at least like to ... I was thinking if i can just get away with the curved lower adj control arms or maybe I’ll need both top and bottom and be done ... I would hate to end up buying the arms and if that doesn’t do much than having to get drop brackets for it because at that point I might as well pay for a long arm kit. I would like some opinions on it and keep in mind I don’t want to break the bank on it.... also one more thing can I get it aligned and put control arms afterwards without messing up my alignment... since the arms only adjust caster and pinion angle?

https://s1253.photobucket.com/user/...-467C-A818-C2CCC3E09765_zpsqrs88icy.jpeg.html

Stock arms should work fine......or use the arms you have, but get drop brackets for it

Will solve the issue and ride better

Last edited:
Go for the drop brackets. The better aftermarket arms will give you the clearance you seek but the ride will suffer from the angles.

Back