• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Shroud 1991 XJ Laredo

wb0rur

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the mechanical fan shroud in my 1991 XJ. (A previous mechanic somehow LOST my fan shroud, so I don't have my old one to look at.) I've searched online and think I have the right part number: 52027501AC. However, when I received the fan - albeit aftermarket - it's got a sticker on it that says Cherokee 97 - 01. And of course, this fan won't fit into the space. I can't find anything that says the 1991 fan should be a different part number.
It's like the bottom of the shroud is too wide and won't allow the two shroud tabs to lock into the slots as needed. Any info someone can offer on this would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

That shroud is a pain to get in and out.

Just to be sure, hold a tape measure up to the tabs on the shroud and the slots on the radiator.

I need to replace the mechanical fan shroud in my 1991 XJ. (A previous mechanic somehow LOST my fan shroud, so I don't have my old one to look at.) I've searched online and think I have the right part number: 52027501AC. However, when I received the fan - albeit aftermarket - it's got a sticker on it that says Cherokee 97 - 01. And of course, this fan won't fit into the space. I can't find anything that says the 1991 fan should be a different part number.
It's like the bottom of the shroud is too wide and won't allow the two shroud tabs to lock into the slots as needed. Any info someone can offer on this would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

That shroud is a pain to get in and out.

Just to be sure, hold a tape measure up to the tabs on the shroud and the slots on the radiator.

I watched a video on doing a water pump in a '97 and up XJ. Had to do one in my '00. The guy pulled his right out of there. For the life of me I could not get it out. Luckily it was not really in my way.

Anyway that part number is the one for my '00. With the exception that mine says AC at the end. I believe those are just year designations and it is the same part. I believe yours to be 52027501. Which is the same just no letters. Really don't think it is a different part. I have all the XJ parts catalogs in my computer. I would take a screen shot of the page for you but do not use any 3rd party stuff for pictures, have no desire to, and that is why I don't post pictures in this forum like I do others.

Might want to give this a read:

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/research-249236/

Back