• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted to show it off

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't been on here in a while. Here is what my rig looked like last time I posted.

exocage017.jpg

Then I went from 36"s to 38"s.

DSCF2035.jpg

I tried on some 39.5 Iroks but I decided they were to ballony and I was getting past the limits of my front axle.

DSCF2010.jpg

I went out this past weekend and decided that the bidy was getting in the way of the rocks so it is undergoing some modification. I should be done with it in about a week or so.

DSCF2592.jpg

DSCF2589.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

And here is some video:

bmyohn said:
it looks sick...i like it, what do u mean by tying in the leaf springs, how do u go about that??

Run tubing from the cage to some plates I have mounted over the front and rear shackles. I will post pics when I do it. I won't be able to start work on it again until sat.

WheelinJR said:
That's got to be the most god awful horrible hi-lift mounting location ive ever seen, no offense.

It has not been all that bad, actually. It isn't a daily driver (obviously) so, there was no chance of it flying off in an accident. I mounted it there because, at the time it what worked the best for me. You learn to look past it after a while. I forget it is there sometimes. It will be remounted in the rear after the cage is done just for you, though.

black2door said:
That thing is awesome. FYI you have a snatch block hanging off ur bumper :D . Post pics when your done.

Thanks. The block was put there to get it out of the way. I usually keep it shackled to the passenger seat belt bar on the floor. Since I gutted the interior I moved it. I will post pics as I go along.

Last edited:
looks sweet, i can't wait to see the progress pics :)

WheelinJR said:
That's got to be the most god awful horrible hi-lift mounting location ive ever seen, no offense.

I have my HI-Lift in the same spot. It actually is pretty good there.

Jeff

steelmen said:
whatcha got? 44?

Yep, It has 4340 shafts and Longfields 300m joints. I have had good luck with it so far. I have broken one shaft. Which, was warrantied and the maker said it was defective once they recieved the broken pieces.

The rear is a 9" with 35 spline shafts so, not to much worry about out back.

are you planning on moving your shackle mount point at all to improve the shackle angle? It looks like you've got the usual vertical shackle that Cherokees always have, but you're using a boomerang.

I'm always curious to see what people choose to do here, myself I am working on a relocation to move it down and forward.

Down and foward seems like it would make it worse. I may be unclear as to what you are talking about. I actually boxed in the mounts and put a plate over the top to mount the cage to. This will support the upward pressure of the spring mounts. The leafs are BOR with the 1.5 boomerang shackes. I also clearanced the bottom of the box the the shackle is in. The shackle doesn't hit any where and works well.

When you move yours down it would be the same as cutting off the bottom of the shackle box. When the shacke moves back it clears the mount.

I'm referring to what this guy did in this thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=910949

Instead of having the straight up and down angle, moving the location down and forward creates the desired 45* action. Having that angle and the ability to travel like that greatly helps the rear suspension travel

3-12-07064.jpg

3-12-07065.jpg

3-12-07063.jpg

Last edited:
Makes sense. I will have to consider that while I am at it. Thanks for the imput. The boomerang shakle may make it even better than a straight shackle. :dunno:

The boomerangs definitely work, just alot of people run into the problem of them not having enough space to swivel and do their job.

I know that one of my big problems with my stock shackle box is that the bumper bolts run thru it and the shackles hit the bumper bolts when they move. Obviously that might not be an issue for you with how your rig is built.

Back