• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naches Trail Run Oct 2nd and 3rd

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
A group of mixed vehicles are planning 4x4 trip for Oct 2nd and 3rd if you are interested please contact us so you can be added to the list of detailed info when it becomes available.

Tentative plan:
Meet in Enemclaw at 9:0am
Take the Naches Wagon trail over the pass, run up Raven's Roost.
Camp in either Kaner Flats or Half Way Flats.
Sunday morning out to Moon Rocks/Funny Rocks and take the shoestring down to Cle Elum and back on I-90 for Sunday evening.

please PM or e-mail me for more info if intersted. If you want to just do part of the trip, that works also.

Michael
[email protected]

Mike
You planning on doing the muddy section of Raven's Roost :roflmao:

Well depending if you decide do the muddy section or not, and if I can get my SYE problem fixed, I would love to attend. :repair:

hards91xj said:
Did you get everything fixed from NWFest ?
Next month watch out for mud. :laugh3:

Just about.
The alt. is back in, and the new radiator and entire conversion is done except for the temp switch for the electric fan (I will have it all running again by next weekend).

I am looking forward to a less expensive trip in the mud this time:)

I will coordinate the details closer to time with everyone who is interested.

Michael

Yes it is still on. I have been swamped and have not put any other details together as of yet. But I have a confirmed 3 trucks currently plus a list of "probably's" which always turns into a few yes.

To be honest I still have not gone through details of trails and such (but not sure that I will now until we figure out who is there and what happens on the first day. The plan is still to meet Sat morning in Enemclaw and head over the pass on the wagon trail. Then head up over to Cle Elum on Sunday.

I still need to get my rig finished (still need to get the pressure switch finished up so I can put water in it and drive it a few miles before I head out. I have been extremely busy and the jeep is low on the list at the moment. I will finish it this week sometime.

Michael

Slight change in plans.
Instead of running over the wagon trail and up to Cle Elum. We will go out and set up camp then run trails close to Kaner Flats, Half Way Flats or where ever we stay then run over to moon rocks/funny rocks.

This way there is a camp to return to for damaged vehicles and more variaty of trails depending on who goes.

This also allows my wife and kids to come and we will bring the motohome to stay in.

We have currently 4 trucks confirmed.
Anyone else interested?
Michael

Kaner Flats wont have the roving guard it`s after season. You will just have to deal with hunters.
Okay ,I`m still going to run the Naches Trail over to the other side anybody that wants to join up let me know.
Any idea what time you will be in the camp ground?
You going over on fri or sat?

Unfortunatly I will not be able to head over till Sat morning (I am flying in from TX late Friday night). The plan was to leave Enemclaw at about 9:00 am so I would guess we will be in camp before lunch and ready to hit trails after lunch.

We will plan on Kaner flats and hope it is not full. If it is it will be Crow creek or halfway flats. Cell phone probably will not work over there but you should be able to find us. So far we have a blue Range Rover, my Silver Jeep, a White Cherokee (6" lift) and a black full size Blazer.

Michael

You say you will have lunch :chef: ready for us!! :clap:
I`m going to take the Naches Trail over,
Steve (the wrangler that was at N W fest) will be with me,So if there is anybody else that wants to join us speek up by thurs night.
We should be in the Kaner Flat area around noon. We will call on ch 4 ,if it`s to busy then ch5
See Ya There. :wave:

I will be out of town Thur and Friday. However we still have 5 confirmed trucks:
3 cherokees, 1 TJ and 1 Range Rover. At least 6 kids and 1 5th wheel.

I will not be bringing the motorhome afterall but will be tent camping instead. We will try to set camp in Kainer Flats. If not we should not be too far away and will try to stick to channel 4 to make sure we can meet up.

We are meeting in Enemclaw QFC at 9:00am and will head strait for the camp, will have lunch after setting up camp and plan on running Ravens roost after lunch. By that time you should be able to meet up with us and we can run what ever trails we all want to do then. Sunday we plan on doing Moon Rocks.

Anyone else that wants to join is more than welcome, 9:00 am QFC in Enemclaw.

Michael

We`re meeting at the Safeway East side of Enumclaw,I didn`t know there was a QFC there too.
So if we don`t see ya on this side we will see you in the Kaner Flat area.
We will probably be meeting @ 8am the majority I invited wants that.

What a great trip!!

Thanks Howard for the $100 u-joint caps:)

I heard Hakan made it back home, thanks to you. That was really really really nice of you, not sure that his woman friend will be up for another trip in the near future but he shure is happy to have his rig back at home.

Sunday we did Ravens roost (mud and all) and again got really muddy, several of the sections have been eaten up with other trucks just in the last few weeks. We did make it through most of the sections with a couple of tugs needed for each of us in a couple of sections. A much better day with NO Carnage this time:) And on the way home we pulled a motorhome out of a sticky situation they had got themselves in on the edge of 410 (bit of winching, and a bid of tugging worked in the end). The rest of us got home in one piece and dirty!!

Thanks again for a wonderful trip, I really enjoyed Moon Rocks and will have to go out there again.

For those of you who missed the trip it was a lot of fun, see you guys on the trail soon.

Michael

Yes ,It was a good run.I do have more U joints . The weather and Trails including the Naches Trail were great .
Nice people you brought along too ,Michael
I`m not sure about that British Vehicle, It wasn`t an easy tow to Enumclaw,but we made it home safe and sound and another page in our memorable experience book.
Thats it for Oct for me but November I`ll be headed somewhere.

hards91xj said:
Yes ,It was a good run.I do have more U joints . The weather and Trails including the Naches Trail were great .
Nice people you brought along too ,Michael
I`m not sure about that British Vehicle, It wasn`t an easy tow to Enumclaw,but we made it home safe and sound and another page in our memorable experience book.
Thats it for Oct for me but November I`ll be headed somewhere.

At $50 a cap I think I will get some from the store and bring them along:) (I will be switching the pinion yoke out soon).

I like to bring at least one conservative person with me (scott) and one more aggressive (hak) so that I can enjoy the best of all worlds:)

The Rangie hast to weight at least 1000 -1500 lbs more than your xj!! That must of been quite a ride. Hak was extremely appreciative, you really made his weekend!!

I love memories!!

Can't wait for next trip.
Michael

The problem was above 37mph the Brit would start swaying, I never had that problem towing my 90 Toy 4x4 xcab that is 4700 lbs.
Next month I might do Liberty area for a day thing.

Hey, this is my first post. Do you guys have any pics of this event?
I just became a member because I am thinking of getting an 84-87 XJ. Putting lockrights in both diffs, and 31" MT tires. I want a very cheep family 4X4.
I used to be a member of "Quadrapaws", when I had my 73 Bronco, but I had to sell it to build my drag car.

Anyone have any hints, tips, etc.... about these rigs?

I do have a few pic's but do not have an easy way to post them.

However you can see some photos of our last event (many of the same people).

Look here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31017

As far as help with a jeep, concepts, what to do, mods, and spending your money on a truck. I am sure that any of us would love to help!!

As far as a family type inexpensive reliable 4x4 you can not do much better.

Ask away, we will help as we can.

Michael

Back