• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Yes. That link is for commercial carriers.

Chuck I can't tell where you have the front straps placed, but I used to run my axle straps through the inner Cs and cross the tiedown straps. Now that I have inner C gussets I have to use the axle tube and run the tiedowns straight.

The straps on the bumpers are overkill and if you hit a hard enough bump the suspension will cycle and they could loosen or fall off.

What I've done in the past (haven't trailered for a while):
2 long straps front low to the front frame to the front of the trailer corners.
2 long straps back, low to the rear frame to the rear of the trailer.

I would tighten until it loaded the suspension.

Vehicle did not bounce, roll side to side, or roll front to back.
I tried just the axles, and the trailer felt like it rolled in corners.

Preferred methods are about as varied as there are drivers out there.

So rather than do a bunch of bitching and moaning like I thought about doing regarding my position at work. I instead opted for more studying and practice, focusing on areas in which I struggled. I tried this for about a month and tested again. Ended up passing the test with a high enough score for the lead tech position.
I am now the lead mechanic in a 900sq/ft building.

Now I will probably screw it all up...

Got to share what I saw (sorry no pic)...A guy hauling a dirt track car strapped to the trailer using an ATV winch on the front and 1 wheel strap on the back. I thought of this thread.

So rather than do a bunch of bitching and moaning like I thought about doing regarding my position at work. I instead opted for more studying and practice, focusing on areas in which I struggled. I tried this for about a month and tested again. Ended up passing the test with a high enough score for the lead tech position.

I am now the lead mechanic in a 900sq/ft building.

Now I will probably screw it all up...

There you go, way to be a grown up.

Nice job

Slowest shaft change ever...
8072582c1b4139786ded232be0282da4.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last time I saw a smile like that on a guy with 2 dirty shafts in his hands was at the big cabin at Winterfest a few years back.....

Cheese "someone went skiing" Man

Last time I saw a smile like that on a guy with 2 dirty shafts in his hands was at the big cabin at Winterfest a few years back.....

Cheese "someone went skiing" Man

Wish photobucket hadn't died, I could post that pic of Rev polishing your shaft!

I use two straps straight forward to the front axle, one wrapped around the rear diff and back to the trailer. I strap my body to minimize body roll because links and no sway bar.

Never had an issue

Fore ‘used to haul cars for a living’ Wheeler

Back