• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat belt question

Bugboy

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if the rear seat belts in the grand cherokee as they are in the XJ? I am having a fun time trying to find tan shoulder belts for my wifes 95 cherokee and thought that i might have more luck with a grand if they were compatible. anyone have any ideas? I searched the forum but found nothing that would help me out.

thanks

Sean

You can remove the buckle part from your wife's and take it to the junkyard to test?

The straps should be bolts at the end so that won't matter (substitute your old bolts if needed). The middle bolt position for the shoulder strap pulley could possibly be a problem, but the biggest potential problem is that the clasp will be differnt.

I dont have anything at all in the jeep. the person we bought it from gutted the rear and Cut the seat belts but removed all the buckles!

What year is your XJ? If you can find one like it at the junkyard, look under the rear seat and look at the way it's bolted down, then go look at the same thing on the ZJ. As long as they both use the same basic hold-down mechanism you should be able to adapt.

yep I was thinking that is probably my best bet also.. i guess for what it is worth i could just get grey XJ ones hehe. maybe she will never know! hehe thanks for the help. I will try and find out if they are the same though regardless just becaues i am curious! hehe

Sean

ehall said:
You can remove the buckle part from your wife's and take it to the junkyard to test?

The straps should be bolts at the end so that won't matter (substitute your old bolts if needed). The middle bolt position for the shoulder strap pulley could possibly be a problem, but the biggest potential problem is that the clasp will be differnt.
He could do a complete swap of the belt and buckle...it's just another bolt.

Back