• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepers Creepers where'd u get those peepers

JEEPTUBE

NAXJA Forum User
I have been eyeballing the jeepers creepers throttle body and was wondering if i have to change my spark gap, plugs, wires etc.
I live in Cali and wonder if it will pass smog?
:greensmok

I have a 62mm from Jeepers, you do not need to change anything that you mentioned, but it never hurts to upgrade your plug wires and replace your cap and rotor at the same time.

You will need to transfer the TPS, the MAP sensor and the IAC from your old throttle body onto the new one. It is an easy process, just take your time and DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN anything.

I have smogged the Jeep twice since the 62mm TB was added with no problems at all.

yea home depot! go ther buy a sanding drum put it in your drill or drill press and sand the chit out of it till it is the same diameter as the upper portion done easy as pie.

bj-666 said:
yea home depot! go ther buy a sanding drum put it in your drill or drill press and sand the chit out of it till it is the same diameter as the upper portion done easy as pie.
That's how mine was done. I bought it that way, but I plan on taking my stock one, opening it up and selling it again.

I don't know where you guys are sending yours to to get them done or how much you are paying, but...

If I remember correctly when I bought mine, Jeepers & Creepers charges $250 and then refunds you $150 with the core return. End price is $100. Pretty reasonable to me, and I am very happy with the product and customer service.

JEEPTUBE said:
No what SCOOBY?
No dont get it or no it wont smog?
Yah ive heard u can send them out and get it machined for like $65. Way cheaper.
:confused1
No to the only question you asked. "Will I have to change the plug gap, wires ect."

If you're confident in your own skills with a Dremel tool, you can do it yourself like I did for my friend. I was going to use it on my own jeep, but the gas mileage suffered a little. Since it's my DD I decided to give it up.

Remove all the sensors and the throttle plate. then make a straight line accross the throttle return spring to help line it up later. Carefully clean the throttle shaft so that when you remove it you don't nick the sealsat each end. Get a new gasket and center it on the bottom of the TB. Use a sharpie marker to shade in the aluminum you need to remove, and draw a line around the throttle bore just above the area where it tapers below the blade. Take it easy and be very paitent while you hack away the metal until you have it nice and evenly rounded from the top line to the outer edge of the shaded area. Using a cylinder hone on your electric drill, hone the entire bore from top to bottom very lightly. Then use a little metal polish and a rag to clean it up nice and bright. Reassemble the throttle shaft first using the line on your spring to ensure the correct spring load. Then just put the rest back on and bolt it back on your intake with the new gasket.

It sounds easy, but it's actually a lot of precise work. I should probably mention I did it to a spare that I got from a junk motor at work.

dremel away... most men already hav ethe tools, you don't have to change sensors, although it would be smart to remove them before going to town and you don't have to charge plugs wire etc, but it never hurts to check and see what condition they are in. Generally I change the distributor pieces plugs and wires all together.

Back