• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this for real?

your asking if flaw #548441 is for real.... who cares, flaw #1-#548440 were enough of a reason for me to switch.

firefox sinse like... forever!
firefox + adblock + flashblock = HEAVEN ONLINE

Firefox + adblock + flashblock + scriptblock + pop-upblock + ... (yep, I'm paranoid. I figure if something there's something that I need to run pop-ups on, for instance, I can just make an "exception allow." Currently, the only sites I have to do that for are PayPal and USPS - both for the online shipping labels. Which come up in Acrobat under FireFox just fine...)

MSIE? Only if I can't run the site any other way (if that's so, I also write the webmaster and tell them they need to fix that little flaw. If you can only use the site in a single browser, it's designed badly.)

I've got FireFox, old versions of Netscape, old versions of Opera (I tried Safari, but think it's a resource hog,) and I may even have an old version or two of Lynx floating around here somewhere.

MSIE? Fscking joke. Merci, non, monsuier Murphy.

Microsoft - "cannot recommend people switch due to this one flaw." - :hang:
I've used Firefox ever since I've got my laptop, I hate internet explorer. I constantly have 15+ tabs open with fire fox and remember back when my computer would freeze from having 4 explorer windows open sometimes. That was with ME though and it is a whole other Microsoft problem in of it's self...

FIrefox is where its at! I have used it since i got this computer!

Firefox FTW.

9891712_d3a2c47194.jpg

I have heard good things about Opera though.

Firefox + adblock + flashblock + scriptblock + pop-upblock + ...
The hell with security, those add-ons just make my web browsing a more tolerable experience.(Also make most sites load faster!)The security's just icing.:thumbup:

deleted my ie today, and all the crap that went with it, now im rocking firefox, lol

what adblock, flashblock, ect do you guys run?

whats the point of a flash block and script block?

Flashblock prevents all flash media from playing unless you want it to.

Scriptblock stops web pages from running scripts on your computer

All of them are available from the mozilla web site. Click the "add ons" under the tools menu, then the get "add ons" tab in the window that opens.

deleted my ie today, and all the crap that went with it, now im rocking firefox, lol

what adblock, flashblock, ect do you guys run?

whats the point of a flash block and script block?

Flash block - stops Flash animations.

Script block - stops Javascripts.

While Javascript isn't supposed to cause security issues, stopping them does tend to speed things up. Likewise Flash blocking - there aren't many sites running Flash anis that I want to see anyhow (illwillpress.com, joecartoon.com, and stickdeath.com come to mind as Flash anis I want to see.)

Pop-ups? The pop-up blocker in FF seems to work fairly well - just like the script blocker and flash blocker. Pillage around in the security settings.

(I also disallow "third party cookies" as a matter of course. Session cookies are usually allowed, and I've been building a list for sites I want to specifically allow - like Jeep boards. Don't want to clutter up my hard drive with little 1K cookies...)

The hell with security, those add-ons just make my web browsing a more tolerable experience.(Also make most sites load faster!)The security's just icing.:thumbup:
x2 get rid of ie :farmer:

Don't delete the IE, some sites require it.
A lot of government websites only work with IE.
My cable company required the use of IE to do the initial set up.
Just leave it sit and get dusty, you WILL need it again, unfortunately....

BTW, my favorite feature of FF is the spell check, there is no longer a 'recommended' spelling of words...

Back