• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interest in a Globe Run in Boone, NC

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyof you guys would be interested in coming up to boone sometime this fall and doing a globe run. Me and my two best friends(all go to ASU) have XJs(3 XJs) and we run globe quite often. we will be willing to lead a trail ride if anyone is interested.

nobody really knows about globe but its really a great trail. it makes for a great day trip and its pretty hardcore. just to put it in perspective of our 3 XJs 2 are on 35s and one on 38s and all three locked up ft. and rear. and it still very challenging.(don't take that the wrong way im not trying to be cocky or anything just trying to let you know how the trail is) it has everything from superflexy ruts to rocks, creeks and logs. you guys should come and check it out.

for more info contact me, by e-mail or PM. its alittle over an hour from Winston Salem, NC.

thanx
lincoln

I might be interested in heading up there next time I'm home to see the folks. How much notice do you need and how far is it from Johnson City, TN? I had always thought that was an easy trail though. Aren't JU'ers always riding there?

give us like a week notice and we will be ready to go. Yea and we are on JU too. I would not call it easy its no lower two but it will definately pucker you up throughout the whole trail. we've all 3 done almost all of tellico including lower 2 and slick rock and we have a blast at globe. its definately worth the hour or so drive over from Johnson City. round up some people and come over sometime and we'll take you guys out there.

lincoln

We'll see whan we can arrange it...a group of us are going to Moab in Oct.. and then we are in Tellico the last weekend...

woody,
i've seen it done on 31s but it made for a long day.....if you know what i mean. if you had 31s and locked up then yeah you would have a good chance at it.

lincoln

hmmmm....if I ever get my junk back together I just may have to try it. :scared:

Back