• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana44 shock mount questions?

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Alright fellas, in the rebuild of my 44, I have now cut off the shock mounts to reweld them even with the axle tube. So, does the actual mounting bolt sit parallel to the spring perches? I am pretty sure that is how they go, but just wanted to make sure.
Anyone got tricks other than just using the old shock mounts and cutting them to fit against the tube? This is what I plan on doing unless anyone has some tricks up their sleeve. Thanks!
josh

i just completed what your planning to do. just re-weld your shock mounts even with the axle. it works perfect and i and a few others i know moved the mount over just enough to clear your u-bolts. also, remember you'll now lose 3 inches of shock clearance...so you might need to increase your lift.

I wouldnt mount the brackets until you finish "clocking" the axle.The only reason I re-did mine was because of the axle shims I was using,they had rotated the shocks so far out that the bushings were being eaten up.

Back