• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rich Mtn Mar.1....who was it?

roXJeepr

NAXJA Member #334
I saw about a week ago on here someone mentioned they were going on a ride to Rich Mtn on March 1st. I can't find the thread now that it was in. Who are ya? When and where are ya meeting at? I'd like to try and make that ride if it's aright.

it wasn't me... but I was wondering about Rich Mtn... like where it was, the difficulty, and that sort of thing... if anyone could tell me, I'd appreciate it. I'm from Athens, GA, and I'm always looking for places to go....

I can't remember who it was,but they were trying to get out of a baby shower,I do remember that part :lol: . Anyway,I'm still game for it if anyone else is. Rich Mtn is in Ellijay. Trail difficulty is almost perfect. Not too hard,not too easy. It's just right! :D :D

I am interested as well, I was the topic starter as to who was in the area 'cause I am visiting for a while. A crazy schedule and a 7 month old may change my schedule but I am interested. I am a little skeered about my truck nowadays cause I put bigger tires on, so this place sounds good. How will a basically stock Wrangler do here? My buddy may want to go if ya'll don't mind.

How about 9:00 at the Wal-Mart? A stock Wrangler can probably do it. Just don't expect it to be a cake-walk :lol:

[quote:61ea752dbd="GA Mike"]How about 9:00 at the Wal-Mart? [/quote:61ea752dbd]
Mike you will have to help out us non-locals :mrgreen: Which Wal-mart?

The Wal-Mart in Ellijay. There's a BK there,so we can pop in for some breakfast before we head out to the trails.

[quote:740773b7be="Jim 01XJ"][quote:740773b7be="GA Mike"]How about 9:00 at the Wal-Mart? [/quote:740773b7be]
Mike you will have to help out us non-locals :mrgreen: Which Wal-mart?[/quote:740773b7be]
The one on the main road in Ellijay. Last time we were there, they were building a new one, but I don't know if it's built yet. Anyway, it's not the new one and if you can't find it, just stop at a gas station in Ellijay and ask, the town isn't big at all. 9am sounds good to me and I'll plan on being there.
I agree with Mike, stock wrangler should make it, but not without difficulty.

Hmmm......didn't realize they were building a new one there! I guess the old one,then. Sorry guys! :oops: That would've been a funny misunderstanding, huh? Thanks goes out to Dale!

Well there is always the CB, what channel? The other thing to is Cell Phones if you all want to email me your Cell # then I can right a list and email back. I have found that the group always waits for like an hour for someone who doesnt show up. This may alleviate that.

Yeh, We usually hang around and shoot the bull
for about an hour or get something to eat, gas up,
and check oil if you got an XJ like mine.

JEEP RIDE AT RICH MT

THAT WAS ME THAT POSTED THE RIDE TO RICH MT ON MARCH 1 AND I THOUGHT WE WOULD MEET AT THE BURGER KING BETWEEN 9 AND 10 BUT IF MIKE SAID 9:00 THATS FINE. LET ME KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED BECAUSE I HAVE ABOUT 6 RIGGS GOING WITH ME AND MAYBE SOME FROM SOUTHERN JEEP . ALSO SOUTHERN JEEP IS GOING TO RICH MT THIS WEEKEND SO IF YOUR INTRESTED EMAIL DON AND TELL HIM rjeep SENT YOU
THANKS SEE YOU IN ELLIJAY ON THE FIRST
[email protected]

OH BOY!!!!! :roll: SOUTHERN JEEPS!!!! I sure hope their attitudes have improved a little since my last outing with them. Not the whole bunch,mind you. Just a select few. Sorry to rant,but like they say,one bad apple spoils the bunch. :lol:

RJEEP, I got your email.

If ya'll that are going on the 1st. want to email me with your name and number, I will put a list together and connect with rjeep, so we know how many to expect and noone is left behind. Email is [email protected]. I am so pumped about going. I haven't been for about 6 months.

[quote:2e71ef3f1e="rjeep"]ANY NAMES , CAUSE I WILL CUT TIES[/quote:2e71ef3f1e]
Na,no need in going to the trouble :lol: That was a long time ago,and I'm sure that Rich Mtn isn't "hard-core" enough for those with the attitudes that I was referring to. Just to let it be known,this started about 3 years ago when I went on my first *and last* trail ride with them. What happened is we went to Tellico in a snowstorm. I'll be the first to admit that at the time,I was in over my head,and didn't realize it until I was already into it. I had a '99 TJ Sport,3" body lift and 4" suspension lift. 33" BFG AT/KO's,and :shock: 3.07 gears :shock: . What got me was that I was open about it being my first trip to Tellico. When I got into trouble,there were a couple of guys that would help me out,and in return,I'd help them out. It just seemed like the riders were segregated into little "cliques",so to speak. You had the "big-nuts" guys,the average 'wheelers,then the beginners. Whenever one of us beginners would get into trouble,the "big-nuts" guys acted like it was the end of the world that they had to stop and wait on us. But on the other hand,I was in the very rear of the pack,and ALWAYS got stuck on an uphill grade while they were trying to accomplish some great big feat ahead of us. I don't need to tell you what it's like trying to start off in 4" of snow,with an underlying 2" of ice with all-terrains :evil: After "starting" back up 5 or 6 times,I just got fed up with the whole thing,turned around and went home.

And BTW,my FSJ is an '83 WT Cherokee. The last year for the F/S Cherokees. My wife hates it,so,it's a given that I LOVE IT!! :lol:

Back