• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scarry Experience.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
On the way home we hit rain and construction at the GA/SC line. After crossing the line into SC in the rain had a Lexus SUV that had been weaving earlier cut in front of me then slam on brakes when the cars ahead of them were going slower then he thought. I locked it down, TG for ABS, when I saw I was about to rear end the SUV I went for the median. Stopped breaking and hit the accelerator I think, letting it slip and slide past the steel cable SC has all along the median. The truck and trailer tried to jack knife several times in both directions. I don't know how I did it but I keep my cool and kept it straight enough to get it slow enough to re-enter the interstate. Ol'Blue was behind me and saw the whole thing. After I got Little Glenn settled and me in the right lane I called Ol'BLue and said I was stopping asap to check the trailer and truck. Little Glenn has decided that maybe he can ride with me in the jeep now. :thumbup: Scarer experience at 60 MPH let him see that the jeep crawling through the woods isn't so scary even though it feels like it going to flop.

Wow, Glenn. I'm glad to arrived home safe but maybe a little shaken.

Wow, Glenn. I'm glad to arrived home safe but maybe a little shaken.

Definately shaken. Had to hit the head after that one. :conceited

wow! glad you guys are ok...
looks like you knew just when to "bump it" :)

That sucks dude... Glad to hear it was all ok in the end. You should register the beast and drive it to the trails. Not many cars on the road would get too close to it.

I took the back roads home and heard banjos the whole way... that was scary enough.

That sucks dude... Glad to hear it was all ok in the end. You should register the beast and drive it to the trails. Not many cars on the road would get too close to it.

I took the back roads home and heard banjos the whole way... that was scary enough.

It is in the plans.

Glad the end result was a good one.

Ricky Bobby ain't got nuthin on you!!!

I saw the whole thing from about 8-9 cars back. Was wondering why he was wheeling just after we crossed the State line, ....happy to be home?
I'm now thinking..call him or wait.....ring ring ring....Hey dave we are going to pull off and check the rig, shorts and clean um out....10-4 Ghost. Holy Crap! that was funny. (He made it so we can now..:D)
Get to the B.P. parking lot, Little Glenn ain't scared, he's like....we should have just wheeled over that fool....Ghost is like...."I am going inside to pee (Somber tone)...I'll be right back.......:roflmao::roflmao:..

Worst thing is, we could not catch the Lex and wheel over the thing...:rattle:
:smsoap:

Glad the end result was a good one.

Ricky Bobby ain't got nuthin on you!!!

Ghost_Bobby.jpg

GHOST IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rickybobby.jpg

Thank you baby jesus!

Oh man, my face hurts from laughing so hard!!!!

Oh man, my face hurts from laughing so hard!!!!
It really was scary, but you guys always make it better! I was very lucky and very thankfull that my son was not hurt. I still canot believe how well it all turned out. :clap:

It really was scary, but you guys always make it better! I was very lucky and very thankfull that my son was not hurt. I still canot believe how well it all turned out. :clap:

:eek:
click me

Back