• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody seen one of these?

jstggs

NAXJA Forum User
I passed a Military Convoy today on the interstate and as I was checking out the Humvees I noticed an odd vehicle, it was an older XJ that was part of the convoy, it was a 4 door & the doors appeared to be lengthened some and the back doors were square & did not have the cut outs for the wheels, also it appeared to be stretched as well because the cargo area was longer and it had swing doors on the back like a cargo van. I looked at the wheels real quick and I think they were like 32's or so and it had some lift. I've never seen anything like this before, anyone else ever see one? I do know that DC sold stretched YJ's to other countries.

I remember reading on some old forums a few years ago about some guy who had a 'milspec' XJ. The links to his pics were broken though, so I never did get to see it. From the sounds of it, what you saw is the same thing, longer wheelbase, four doors but rears without the wheelwell dogleg, longer cargo area and rear barn doors. I'd love to see some pics. I originally thought it was bull$hit, but I guess your sighting is confirmation....

The MP's down at Ft Dix used to run around in XJ's w/radar guns, they pulled me over twice, once for jumping my M113 off a bank and another time for blowing over some downed trees. They were not anything special cept for rubber floor carpets and no air..and an ugly faded green color.

RichP said:
The MP's down at Ft Dix used to run around in XJ's w/radar guns, they pulled me over twice, once for jumping my M113 off a bank and another time for blowing over some downed trees. They were not anything special cept for rubber floor carpets and no air..and an ugly faded green color.

Our K9 units had a couple of white ones with swing away spare tire carriers. :D

Back