• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thank you!

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Guys and gals,

It's time to give some thank yous and shout outs to the people who made this weekend absolutely fantastic.

The number one and most important Thank You goes out to the people that made the trek to MMORV and wheeled with us for the Crawl. Great people are what makes this event and we had plenty for this one. The SEC membership is made up of some of the best people I know. You saved and spent your hard earned money to come to this event. I hope we delivered a great and memorable experience. I am very proud to be on the SEC BOD with Glenn and Mark and represent the fine members of the SEC.

I'm going to list some things that I felt are important and made the event a success. These are in no particular order.

1) Anita and Tiff....you guys did a great job getting the bath house presentable for the people at the event. I owe you two BIG TIME!

2) Mark for arriving early and getting stuff ready. He spent a lot of time making sure the registration packets were ready and stuffed with the items for the event. He got the shirts, both Crawl and new SEC olive colored shirts made, got the decals done, and kept up with the paperwork and writing the checks. He is like my left and right arms. We have talked "Crawl" for the past 4 months and I'm sure he'll be glad to get a little breather from me.

4) Anita Morton got us a (sorry I try not to cuss) kick ass meal for Saturday night. Markus Romines from Old Smokehouse BBQ in Anniston, AL hooked us up. The meal got delayed but it just made it taste just that much better.....Mmmmmm. Oh yeah, that sweet tea was really good.

5) My wife Sunshine, for putting up with all the stuff I messed up on. I unfortunately forgot to get the awards for the dinner and she said she could make up something for us. It was short notice and I appreciate her and Anita getting them and the ballots made. She also made the Thank You cards in advance. She even found a JK and mud tire tread stamp. She also made the meal tickets. I'm really glad she likes stamping and scrapbooking and brought some of it with her. It saved my butt. Behind every man is a great woman, and I found mine.

5) Morris Mountain ORV for letting just NAXJA use the park. It was nice just having us out there. Having all the trails at your disposal is nice. Randy and Kris, thank you.

6) Glenn "Ghost" Fulmer for doing the Emcee duties. Glenn you are really good at it and I appreciate all your guideance. Guys, with out his help, it would have been hard to pull this off. Props to you, Mr. VP!

7) Heather "Kudzu" Young. She was unable to be there at the event this year. She initially found the park and made contact with Randy Morris. I will say, she did good as the trails were absolutely great and there was something for everyone. Thank you, Heather.

8) To all those that I am too scatter-brained to remember to thank, I'm sorry. There were so many people who stepped up to help lead trails and help us keep up with everyone. The attitude was unbeliveable. When things weren't quite right (sorry about not having water Alberto and Joe) with the RV site or when carnage happened (OldBlueXJ you ROCK, my brother!), attitudes were great and fixing stuff and winching on the trail was FUN!

9) The repair crew. We had carnage with many rigs over the weekend and many stepped up to help make the repairs and assist in the wrenching. Even Lennie, who was supposed to be on vacation, jumped in and got at it, getting broken rigs going. I will add that all broken rigs were repaired and wheeled until we left. All that drove there, drove home. That's what teamwork is about.

10) OldBlueXJ, I just gotta give you props. You made me laugh till I cried (literally). You are one funny dude. Your carnage would have had me freaking out. Guys and gals, this man tried a very difficult climb, popped a front joint and took out the ball joints. Serious stuff on a pretty serious slope. This guy was cracking jokes and making us laught while we patched things together to get the rig to where it was safe to begin repair. Attitude is everything and my friend, you have a great one.

11) Raffle sponsors. I appreciate everything the vendors sent to us for the raffle. It made for some fun times for sure. I need a bottle of Slime.....does anyone have any?

Once again, Thank You. This was one of the best wheeling experiences I have ever had. Now to do it again.

Last edited:
TY and Thank you. You did a great job and it was a great event. I hoe you and Mark stick around a while. We need you.

great event guys!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Crawl is one of my favorites!

I would like to agree with everything Ed said, and also mention to Tiff that her biscuits were f'ing awesome. (was that margarine or butter?) Thanks for the "recipe".

Thanks to Dave (Oldblue) for the sleeping bag, porkchop, air gauge and multiple quotes and jokes of the weekend.

A few keywords or phrases from the weekend:

It's hot
just bump it
pucker
butter buscuits
chiggers
it is what it is
u-joint
good BBQ
magnesium

Feel free to add to the list....

damn chiggers!

It's hot
just bump it
pucker
butter buscuits
chiggers
it is what it is
u-joint
good BBQ
magnesium
Timber rattler

Immma sleep on and post a good list..but for now.....

It is what it is folks.....you all rock and good night..... Old Blue is in the back yard and we will make it crawl again....oh yes we will. GAME ON!!!:wantyou:​

It's hot
just bump it
pucker
butter buscuits
chiggers
it is what it is
u-joint
good BBQ
magnesium
Timber rattler
36psi

Thanks to all. Everybody had a role in this one, no matter how big or small. Like Ed said, we all rode till the end. Some of us rode broke till the end, but we rode!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Ed, the water really wasnt a big deal at all, thanks to you and Mark for all the time you guys put into this great event. All of you are great and look forward to next years event... i'm still in north ga. till the end of the week , but i will try to get some pics up later....

Thanks again,

Alberto

damn chiggers!

Oh ya...you got a chiggered up gal too.....:wow:
chigger-7.gif

Last edited:
I little rubbin alcohol and whole lot of hollering afterwards and I have mine under control.

The crawl was awesome! A big thank you goes out from Lauren to Anita and Tiff for cleaning the bathhouse you guys rock! Thanks also goes out to Mark and Ed for making this event a great one to remember. The people are always awesome and full jokes and in a time of carnage thats just what you need. O and my word to the list is can anyone say Hella HIDs? SIX of them to be exact.

It's hot
just bump it
pucker
butter buscuits
chiggers
it is what it is
u-joint
good BBQ
magnesium
Timber rattler
36psi
5 psi
Snap!
That's what she said...

Thank you to all that helped. For a park that wasn't huge, I had a huge amount of fun. I am still trying to recover from all the wheeling, I didn't know I could be so tired! You guys are what make the trip so much fun. Being with your friends is the most important part, and these things just wouldn't be the same without you guys. So Thank you to everyone that was able to make it! I would like to give a special thanks to my co-driver, Miss Rock Climbing Barbie. She was a trooper for me all weekend, and only bailed out on me once on the "Ugly." Can't say that I blame her though, it did look pretty nasty. Other than that, she always stayed strapped in tight and held on for the ride... through all the bumps and rocks slamming against Tim's boatsides. She only screamed once, I think, lol.

Speaking of Tim, he laughed when he saw the exhaust... turns out, it WASN'T that way when we picked it up... :rolleyes: oh well. He was cool about it and his jeep shall struggle on after a visit to the 4 Wheel Doctors.

I would like to agree with everything Ed said, and also mention to Tiff that her biscuits were f'ing awesome. (was that margarine or butter?) Thanks for the "recipe". ...

That was pure butter my friend, a whole stick of it! :chef:

Thanks for the props, but I must share the credit with TheHardStruggler - the same guy who lent Tyler his xj for the trip - he was kind enough to share it with me at one of our previous events. Thanks Tim! :lickout:

Back