• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drill out yoke for ubolts

I agree, there's not enough clearance to drill for U-bolts, nor enough material. Either keep the straps, or buy the proper yoke.

For what it is worth, the holes are on different centers. A U-bolt yoke has the holes closer together than does a strap yoke. This means that if you install U-bolts in a drilled out strap yoke you are going to have to splay the U-bolts farther out, and this means less support around the bearing cup.

How much of a difference this makes is up for debate. I am just pointing out the existence of the difference.

I am only aware of the Iron Rock U-bolt yokes for the 8.25. If you decide to go that route I would suggest that you also plan on spending 15-20 minutes with a die grinder or a Dremel taking off the rough casting flash. There is a substantial difference in the quality of finish between the IRO yokes and the Spicer yokes.

Back