• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Y-Link and D44 F/R Install....Need Help in MD!

vwJarhead

NAXJA Forum User
OK, So I have bitten off way more than I can chew and I have not even started yet. I have 2 "built" D44 complete axles, A TnT Y-Link, Springs, Leafs, Shackles and Unibody stiffeners to put on a 90 4 door... Anybody in the Maryland area(vehicle is in West Friendship, Howard Co.) willing to help with the project. Welding skills a BIG PLUS! More than willing to return the favor and YES THIS IS A TRAIL RIG, NOT A MALL KRAWLER! I have a weird schedule though. Wed. and Thurs. off
Also the work will be done outside on blacktop. I have access to air tools and we will have a compressor to run them. Can also compensate with food, beer, and possibly some cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can turn a wrench but I know when to ask for help. Post or message if interested and willing.

Well, never did get any help but I managed to get the rear end out and at least power wash the donor parts for prep, primer, and paint.
SSPX3939.jpgSSPX3938.jpg

Looking good!! If I was a bit closer to you, I would come out and lend a hand. Have you been on Maryland Creepers yet? There are quite a few folks on that forum from the Westminster/Bel Air/Mount Airy area. There is a shop in Westminster (I think its in Westminster, but not sure) as well called Appalachian Offroad. I don't know them, but from what I have seen, they seem to do nice work.

Back