• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Customs Y-Link install tips

heapxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the TNT Customs Y-Link kit on my XJ and I ran into a couple trouble areas. I feel that these tips will really help anyone installing the same kit.

1) If you are installing a SYE, drill the transfer case flange holes in the inside unirail before reinstalling the transfercase. This will allow you to use any drill and get a straight cut. The transfer case is very much in the way if you are trying to drill these holes with it still in.

2) Before the final install of the bellypan, install the passenger side lower control arm and torque the bolt to spec. The exhaust is very close to the bolt and will give you almost no room to use a torque wrench. I was only able to torque this bolt using a 1 foot extension on my torque wrench towards the drivers side to clear the exhaust. The Torque spec is 150 LBS./FT and believe me, it will be much easier to do with the bellypan uninstalled.

To anyone installing this kit who has read the instructions, this post will make alot of sense. Keep on wheel'n!
user_online.gif

If the X-fer case is in, use a angle air drill. Fits nicely between the x-fer case and frame rail.

yea the instrustion sheet is a little confusing

Back