• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakar canceled....

Good. Now maybe they will see the war that they complain about was the right thing to do all along.

Wow that's crazy. It will probably never be run again.

I was dreading the day :( It was always my dream to participate in it but I have a feeling that the statement that it will never run again is true. And if it does, it's not going to be the same :(

Maybe it's time for Mad Max style run: armed and armoured :D

surely they can skip mauritania? hell if obi wan and his buddy charlie can ride motorcycles from scotland to south africa (Long Way Down, google it) someone can come up with a route around the more inhospitable countries...

only good thing is the tshirts etc. might be on sale very soon... i've been wanting to order that parka they have on the dakar store...

Maybe it's time for Mad Max style run: armed and armoured :D[/quote] My thoughts exactly! Would love to see those huge Kamaz trucks with a couple of mounted 50 cal. on top! :nono: The peace loving religion of Islam.

The Hard Struggler said:
My thoughts exactly! Would love to see those huge Kamaz trucks with a couple of mounted 50 cal. on top!
I rode in couple older ones and boy they are fun! :D Talk about next best thing thing to a tank ;)

Back