• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Murrieta-Temecula area

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys
My name is lee, Currently in the Sierra chapter area. I may be moving to Temecula in Apri...any GOOD wheeling down there? Good as in the Rubicon or Fordyce terrain. Can you spit out same names so I can start my research, I havent been to JV is it close to my new area?

There are some spots in Johnson Valley that make the rubicon look and feel like a drive through a park. In Temecula you will be a good 1.5 - 2 hrs from JV. It would be a nice weekend trip. Big Bear has some decent moderate wheeling.

-Scott

Truckhaven, Anza Borrego, Los Coyotes

Get a map & find the Salton Sea on it....right where the S22 Hwy. meets Hwy.86 on the West shore of the Salton Sea is where TDS has their HUGH ! event. Theres everything from mild to wild. Also the Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrego areas to explore Theres Los Coyotes Indian Res. in Warner Springs. Big Bear to the North.... there are others who know better but I'd say your anywhere from 1 to 2+ hours to get to major areas..... there may be some small areas locally though.
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Lee,

Look up Just Runs (yahoo egroups) they have a listing of local trails in the SOCAL area. You can also read up on the trails in the Socal Calif Backroads & 4WD Trails by Charles A Wells.

Hi Lee, :wave:

There's plenty of stuff not too far from where you'll be. Nothing with the combination of wheeling fun and scenery that the 'Con has, but probably more overall wheeling opportunity than you had before. The mountains are nice, but the desert is FUN. :D

I bet you have never been to Glamis!!!
From Temecula you will be about 3.5 hrs. from the dunes....but you gotta' try it at least once in your lifetime!!
BTW ....Glamis is sand dune county....

Back