• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Header (Auto Parts Network) header. Yay or Nay?

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
A question for all those have bought the APN header. Do most NAXJA wheelers recommend this part?

I've seen threads that like the weld quality, some have problems with fit against the block, and one that has already cracked. Most seem happy at first, but how about months later?

Fit straight onto the block no problems...when i switched to the 99 intake i had to grind down the flanges on # 4 and 5 and some of the #6 runner. Ive only had it since Dec, but nothing has gone wrong yet.

Mines been on 3 weeks.
So far so good.
:wave1:

Hale

92DripCherokee said:
Did you ever hear that old, sagging motor mounts may force the exhaust manifold to crack, no matter what design?
Yes. I don't know about the "no matter what design" part though.

Hale

Haleyes said:
Yes. I don't know about the "no matter what design" part though.

Hale

yeah but don't all the cracked headers seem to have in common that they crack at the collector? Makes sense that area is going to be the first place to get stress because it is close to the down pipe which is the first place that's going to resist the engines vibrations and movement.

Back