• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake switch

Only one brake light switch, stick, auto and cruise. There is a vacuum release switch (cruise control vacuum release valve, I think is the Jeep name) for the brake pedal. I've never had a stick XJ with cruise, but there is a vacuum release switch (valve) for the clutch also mentioned in the FSM.

Last edited:
When I search for a new one for the year it comes up with 2. One with and one without. The with is $9 and the without is $19. I also don't understand that.

Only one brake light switch, stick, auto and cruise. There is a vacuum release switch (cruise control vacuum release valve, I think is the Jeep name) for the brake pedal. I've never had a stick XJ with cruise, but there is a vacuum release switch (valve) for the clutch also mentioned in the FSM.

Disregard, Digger is right. A combination of old man eyes and an Adobe update sent me down the wrong path in the parts list.

Two switches J3225787 four pole w/cruise and J3215938 two pole without/cruise. Is what I eventually ended up with.:nosmile:

Back