• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oip pressure gauge help

lenny

NAXJA Forum User
I changed over from a cluster of lights to manichical because I was tried of seeing a light tell me the 4.0L was hot!
so i change over to a mechanical and the temp gauge works and the speedo and the tach and the battery. But not the oil gauge!
So my question to you all is,
could I change over to a old fashion oil pressure gauge? one with the oil line to the gauge, are they still sold and is this a good idea?

lenny

lenny said:
I changed over from a cluster of lights to manichical because I was tried of seeing a light tell me the 4.0L was hot!
so i change over to a mechanical and the temp gauge works and the speedo and the tach and the battery. But not the oil gauge!
So my question to you all is,
could I change over to a old fashion oil pressure gauge? one with the oil line to the gauge, are they still sold and is this a good idea?

lenny

What year ?, most of the pre 97's need a new sender for a gauge vs the one thats in there for an idiot light.

You did look here right???

Check the connections I guess. Also, when I did mine, I used a paperclip to clean out the hole, there was some sludge in there, I also cleaned the threads so the connection would be good. I guess its possible that it bad or the wrong sending unit, but did you look at how I said my sending units plastic body popped off- but only slipped by a millimeter or so, you couldn't tell just by looking at it. This of course, broke the connection so... the gauge read max pressure all the time (is renix the opposite?), sorta frustrating huh, good luck anyway.

Last edited:
I have try most everthing I thinking the gauge is RIP!
so still my question is;
could I change over to a old fashion oil pressure gauge? one with the oil line thin copper line to the gauge, are they still sold and is this a good idea?

lenny

Back