• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft

XJBill

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going with a 6" lift on my 99 XJ and have already ordered a SYE and longer driveshaft for the rear. But, do I need a longer driveshaft for the front or will the stock one still work? I'm working on it over my Christmas vacation and want everything I need already there. Any help would be appreciated.

Will I have any front driveline vibes? And if I will, how will it be corrected? I already have upper and lower adjustable control arms, heavy duty adjustable track bar and bracket, longer brake lines, longer shocks, and longer sway bar quick disconnects for the front. Oh, and longer bump stops after the lift and tires are on so I can see what's needed. Am I forgetting anything else for the front?
Thanks

It's possible that you will have some vibes in the front end. You may have to search for a sweet spot between caster and pinion angle only to find that it doesn't exsist. Some Jeeps don't have problems other do. You may have to compromise.

Use your adjustable LCAs to set your wheelbase and use the adjustable UCAs to set your caster/pinion angle.

Back