• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roadtrip time

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
Well, its about that time of year to hit the road for about 2 weeks before gas prices go way up.

Looking to take it out of state. Distance isnt too much of an issue.

What/where do you reccomend or suggest I go or see?

Im contimplating Yellowstone Nat'l Park or taking HWY 101 down to SoCal to visit the theme parks, but would like to hear some more cool places to visit.

If the GF quits being a b!tch, and goes, then we'll end up going through Canyonville, OR to see her family, which is just off I-5.

Im about 75% sure I will not be driving the Jeep, more and likley taking my '66 Chevelle instead, so off road places are probably out(Lame, I know).

So, where to go?

Glacier National Park in Montana

Springtime isn't the best time to run the coast. I rode down 101 on my bike a few years ago and all I saw was fog. Great roads and the view was great in late afternoon, but somewhat cold and windy. I think late summer/early fall might be a good time for hiway 101.

WaXJ_Skier said:
Glacier National Park in Montana

Just Google searched some pics, that place is awesome! Just worried about snow still there this time of year.

Megawatt said:
Springtime isn't the best time to run the coast. I rode down 101 on my bike a few years ago and all I saw was fog. Great roads and the view was great in late afternoon, but somewhat cold and windy. I think late summer/early fall might be a good time for hiway 101.

Thats good to know. Id hate to take it and be disappointed. I-5 is always another option, as I can stop in Bakersfield and visit family.

CanMan said:
I was about to head out after work last Friday to go to Redding, just to get like 10 Double Double's, and come back.

They are the shiznit. :D

Dang, well if you or anyone decides to do that you should stop in Ptizzle and give me a ride.

CanMan said:
Just Google searched some pics, that place is awesome! Just worried about snow still there this time of year.

Just take the XJ problem solved.:D

mojojojo said:
what about the highway up into canada and on to Alaska? can't remember the name but i hear it is one very scenic trip.

I was thinking about that one, but it might have to wait a few years. 40 hour drive to Juneau is a long drive.

Plus, Im kinda small to be in Alaska. :D

So if the women dosn't know her role, you going on this trip yourself?

mojojojo said:
hey! rolling batchelor pad! Wooo Hoooooo:smoker: :cheers: :smoker:

Alright then Rod, I say we hop on board.

I bet the 3 of us can cause some serious trouble.:firedevil

CanMan said:
quote]

Just so you know, the "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier is normally snowed over until May. If you decide to go to Glacier, you might want to check the Nat'l Park Service web site on road conditions. Mike

Here's a link for up to date road conditions. HTH.
http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/roadstatus/roadstatus.cfm

Last edited:
Back