• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody running an XJ with 35's on the street?

HillbillyLes

NAXJA Forum User
I'm contemplating putting 35's on my 94 XJ. I have about 5.5" of lift and curently have 32's on it but with 4.11s and 99% drive time on the street to work and back, I'm only getting about 14 mpg. I believe that I might be able to get a couple more mpg if I were to even out the gearing with a bit taller tires but 33's aren't that much taller.

I have rims coming and am looking at some 35's but wanted to see if I could find some pics of street driven XJs running 35" tires and maybe some ideas as to how much fender modding I might have to do BEFORE sinking big $$ into the tires and then having to sink more into getting them to work.

Anybody with pics of an XJ with 35's? (preferrrably with specs as to how much lift and how well they work.)

Thanks,
HbL

Nope, Nobody runs 35's on the street.

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm getting ready to put some 35's on my XJ. I have about 5.5 inches of lift and have trimmed the rear fenders using the cut and fold method. It seems like there is plenty of room for larger tires. Adjust your bumpstops accordingly and you should be fine.

I'm going to regear to 4.88 here pretty soon. Your mileage probably won't get any better with 35's. I would guess it will be worse. Only reason I finally decided to go to 35's is because I bought a commuter car and don't DD the jeep anymore.

I have 36's on mine and will be running 5.13s. When I am getting it back today so I havent driven it yet with the gears. Before I had 355s and it was a dog, but looked good.

67.jpg

shit no you cant run 35's on the street.. Only in the mall parking lots.

yes...

but prolly not too legal here in Chicago.

Drove it every day this summer when work was 15miles away...

but now that it's 37miles (each way) and rainy...

nope.

7-8" homebrew lift and 4.10's on a full width 8.8

DSCF1144.jpg

not a DD but it gets some street time. Cruises down the highway at 65 just fine. A good alignments and nice steering compontes will do you good

me.jpg

i run 34" ltbs and it isnt to bad but it isnt great. do your selft a favor and buy radials..

i got sick of it quick and i bought a cheap car for a DD

I run 35s, on a 6.5" lift from Rustys. I get rubbing when I take it offroad, but other than that... it runs really good. The stock gears I have in it, there is still a lot of snap.

I can outrun most little 4 cyclender vehicles. Fuel mileage is ass. Here is my Jeep,

08.jpg

09.jpg

yeah i am i regret not putting on an old set of 33's i am lazy but my 35's are procomp mt's and they are really quiet but starting to get low tread... current gas milage is about 13-15 city and 17 hw... 4.56 gear... with 33 i was getting about 16-18 city and 20 hiway looking at my old logs... i have a good amount of performance and dont drive like a 20 year old...wait a sec i am 20 oh well it really makes a big difference i just dont have an extra set of rims for the 33 inch mts

Fullwidth 14bff and D44 on 35" Trxus. I DD it and it loves the highway all the way up to 85mph, I didn't like that feeling though. Usually cruise at 70-75 and it runs just fine at 13-14MPG. My speedo is a little off so I couldn't tell ya for sure.

CIMG9214Medium.jpg

Backroads to work...

CIMG9262Medium.jpg

...and 210 miles to school on I-80

CIMG9269Medium.jpg

and when thats all done I can go run a comp course. :cheers:

CIMG9545Medium.jpg

teamair2k2 said:
I have 36's on mine and will be running 5.13s. When I am getting it back today so I havent driven it yet with the gears. Before I had 355s and it was a dog, but looked good.

67.jpg

How much lift are you running there? I've got about 6" and would love to run 36"s! Also what size tire and rim?

Last edited:
i got a 1990 straight 6 with stock axels and gearing with 35"s.. it didnt break yet... still waiting for it too... www.cencalxj.com a few pics...

oh yea and i got a 4.5" lift

Back