• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0l motor pulled from Wrangler TJ at only 14000 miles!

gooch27

NAXJA Forum User
I am taking offers on a 4.0l motor pulled from an '02 Jeep Wrangler TJ at only 14,000 miles. The motor was pulled back in '03 when I swapped it out with a stroker 4.6l. The engine was taken excellent care of. The oil was changed regularly with Mobil1 10w-30 and Mopar filters before being pulled. This motor was going to be stroked and put in my Cherokee, but that project has since been shelved so it's gotta go. The motor would be available for Local Pickup Only in High Ridge, MO, which is a suburb of St. Louis. However I would be willing to deliver up to 300 miles round trip(150 miles one way)for $.50/mile. Just pm me with a reasonable offer if interested. I can't figure out how to post the pictures, so just pm me if you would like them. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I have an offer for $600 already, which I am willing to accept, but the person wants me to freight it to him at his cost of coarse. If you are willing to pick it up and pay $600, then it's yours. Just let me know one way or the other. This should work fine in a 2000 XJ. You will have to put all of your old pulleys and water pump on this engine, as they are in a different arrangement. It will mate up to an AW-4 no problem. Originally I was going to stroke this out and put in in a 2000 Cherokee as well.Thanks, Shannon

Back