• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door quarter glass???????

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
Someone I work with decided to take his stock XJ down a wet trail a little too fast (with bald street tires) and the back end came around hasta . He found himself up against a tree with the rear quarter flat a no glass. I am hoping to be able to pull the quarter out enough to get some glass back in for him. Does anyone have a spare window they are willing to part with????
84-96

Thanks

Which side and what style? I've got both sides of the fixed variety and a driver side with the forward vent window.

You can PM for more info.

Thanks for all the replies...it is the solid window. Not sure on budget as it his and he has not told me what he has to put into it right now. I would also like to find one local enough to pick up.
The task is going to be making the window fit into place as the whole quarter panel is smashed...I get to use the BFH and try to not break the spot welds.

Engineer, non-stick, and rev....thanks for the replies however you are all too far to come get it and shipping will problably be too much.

Everyone else-I will find out the budget and let you know.

THANKS

how about hinges at the top...heavy plexy with a truck topper style latch at the bottom...glue the oem rubber on to seal it...I always wanted to try a swing out window...I'm sure if you took time you could make something that looked smooth....or if its drivers side use diamond plate or something...cant see out that window anyhow.

It is the drivers side. I got this Jeep pretty trashed and rebuilt it for him about 6 months ago and it is about destroyed again. He just wants it to make it through the winter...until I can find another descent one to build for him. I already told him with this damage we should chop the top and turn it into a trail rig.

is that the one we bled the clutch on? ya he should definently go trail rig with it, after that kind of accident there wouldn't be much good left worth restoring to DD status :D

edit: o yeah, call me if you want some help with it, you know i have free time now :D

Back