• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who has a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and a garage?

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
willing to trade a case of beer for anyone that wants to help me install these lebaron hood vents on my jeep this sunday. i can get a hold of a jig saw, but have no blades for cutting metal. i was going to use my 4.5" angle grinder to do the cuts but ive read a jig saw works better.

so whos up to help me cut some holes in a shiny XJ hood? :cheers:

You can pick up a pack of fine toothed metal cutting jigsaw blades for the cost of that case of beer. :thumbup:

Jawa use a lot of tape on your hood and then mark the cutting lines those saws will mess up the paint

Yep, I used lots of tape when I did my vents and everything came out well. :thumbup:

So Jawa, you must either drink really cheap beer or buy really pricey blades. :spin1:
5 pack of 36 tooth Bosch blades for $7 @ The Depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100078051

Haha, I knew I should have said "for LESS than the cost of that case of beer"! :laugh3:

i really just need a warm garage and an extra pair of hands on sunday to do this... i can get a jig saw and a metal blade, and i have an angle grinder already with cut off discs. so whos game? anyone in the springs? ill bring the beer.

that would work, seeing as how you have done this mod as well. ill let you know if i dont get it done before then. THANKS FRANK!

speak of the devil... i just saw you on powers turning into the movie theatre/whole foods shopping center.

honestly? no one wants to donate their warm garage on sunday to cut some holes in the hood of an XJ? i got a jig saw today with some metal blades, an angle grinder, cutting discs, and everything we will need... and FREE BEER FOR YOU! i live in an apartment and dont have an extension cord long enough to reach the parking lot. if i did, i would be doing it here!

Maybe you can bring it down to Landsdowne where all the hair shaving will be occurring for the St. Baldricks Foundation..... I think that's where most of the NAXJA guys are gonna be that aren't 'wheeling up at Illinois Gulch that day....... Im sure the restaurant won't mind you making your own buzzing noises next to the hair trimmers! :thumbup:

:D

Maybe you can bring it down to Landsdowne where all the hair shaving will be occurring for the St. Baldricks Foundation..... I think that's where most of the NAXJA guys are gonna be that aren't 'wheeling up at Illinois Gulch that day....... Im sure the restaurant won't mind you making your own buzzing noises next to the hair trimmers! :thumbup:

:D

are you being serious? :doh:

Back