• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles, lockers, driveshafts and SYE!?

I am running the same size tires on 4 different vehicles. It can be very convenient. It would also be expensive to change.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Next important question….Fox 2.0 or Bilstein 1500 shocks all around? Fox is pretty much 2x the cost of Bilstein…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have billis 5100s on my WJ. They ride great, I've heard that the Fox shocks are great as well

Auto lock front. Stay on 31s. 3.5" lift.

Wheel the piss out of it

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Did you do the control arm drop brackets.

If not id get the lightest valving I could find

Short steep arms want lightly valved shocks.

Long arms at not as steep a angle can run header valved shocks becase more rd forces are being transmited directly through thecshock.

I personaly would look at King shocks valved by filthy motor sports also shoot an Email to him to start collecting information in your head

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Next important question….Fox 2.0 or Bilstein 1500 shocks all around? Fox is pretty much 2x the cost of Bilstein…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe the Foxes are adjustable. I'm on 3.73's and 31's. Mine more of a road and highway though. I'd probably go with 4.10s, and I might switch to that my self. Also, I'd consider a 4 to 1 TC conversion. I am not going that route as I want a 241 for the 4wd or all time. I do have another XJ in the wings for a more off road build. I think the King Shocks are about $500 each. I might go that route someday on the other build. Depends on $$ at the time.

I believe the Foxes are adjustable. I'm on 3.73's and 31's. Mine more of a road and highway though. I'd probably go with 4.10s, and I might switch to that my self. Also, I'd consider a 4 to 1 TC conversion. I am not going that route as I want a 241 for the 4wd or all time. I do have another XJ in the wings for a more off road build. I think the King Shocks are about $500 each. I might go that route someday on the other build. Depends on $$ at the time.

If you're talking about the teralow- 1. they no longer make it 2. they say not to go over like 3k rpms or it pretty much explodes, so it's unreliable if you find one. Only other options are a np205 w a doubler, a atlas 2(the holy grail), or if you're lucky to find one, a stock rubi case for cheap but will still usually run $1500 on a good day, and you don't have front dig.

The 2.0 fox ifp is not adjustable it is over the counter shock meant to compete with other over the counter shocks like the 5100. Id probly buy 5125 5100 over the 2.0 ifp.
Might go fox ifp if arms are long and not lifted more than 4" if over 4" id choose the lighter Bilstein valving if available in the length I needed.

I recomended King becsuse they offer 2.0 resivor shocks with post top so are nearly bolt on with custom valving per rig specs and apllacation.

Fox 2.0 factory seriis is good resivor adjustable dampining if you want and also valved for your rig buy, accutune, filthy motor sports, and lots of others that sell and valve shocks.

Theres so much to be gained ounce a person gets away from the cookie cutter one size fits most jeep market

These shocks are a game changer compared to fox ifp and Bilstein 5100 type shocks. Very much worth the investment if the rig is actually used as a trail rig.
Youl be hitting pot holes curbs and jumping off sidewalks at speed for fun. I know I do.

Since getting mine I push good shocks on anyone that will listen. I didnt believe how good this World could be ounce doing it I found its so much better than I imagined.

https://www.filthymotorsports.com/King_OEM_Jeep_Cherokee_Shocks_p/king-25001-311.htm
df9442dcfcdd49ba5a9b799d110e8d75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

If you're talking about the teralow- 1. they no longer make it 2. they say not to go over like 3k rpms or it pretty much explodes, so it's unreliable if you find one. Only other options are a np205 w a doubler, a atlas 2(the holy grail), or if you're lucky to find one, a stock rubi case for cheap but will still usually run $1500 on a good day, and you don't have front dig.

Good to know. Also, if the OP's intent is only to more ofr a Crawler, then I'd probably go with 4.56 or so gears.

Back