• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant Temperature Sensor

freewithfire

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody tell me the part number of the coolant temperature sensor on the back of the I-6? The one that controls the guage, not the one at the very front of the engine. I bought one from the dealership today, and it doesn't look right...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but any time you have a problem with a merchant, you need to resolve the issue with them. Take it back to the dealership and tell them to get you the correct part. If the electrical connector is different, then obviously they gave you the wrong part or one for the wrong model year. It's that simple.

Makes sense, yes, but I was just hopeful that one might have an exact part number so I wouldn't have this problem, and could tell the merchant the part number, rather than telling them what I need and having them get me the wrong part. Just hoping for a bit of convenience, that's all.

got mine at Napa think the part # was TU-108, but you might wanna double check at napaonline.com.... and it was only $10.49... and now I have a working gauge!

Thanks alot, I appreciate the help! I'll check that out...Always appreciate somebody with good advice! This guage has been frustrating me for far to long...

also replaced the stock corroded ground strap from the head to the firewall with a 6 ga. ground cable...only problem was I had to open up the eyehole on one end a little to accomodate the bolt on the head... but another good ground is a great thing!

Back