• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

They were building stuff to last for a while back then. Like 85-96 ish.

Found a new Texican Renix person down in south Texas on Facebook. Gonna meet up to swap some parts later this year. Found a good home for some I have out of the rolled jeep. That facebook group has 900 Renix fanatics like me on.

:woohoo: 900!!!! :cheers:

I am working on the roof holes, and bad ass rust, and prime and paint project on my 87 Wagoneer. And window gasket rain leaks....

See if there is any rotational slop in the rotor on the distributor. Mine had a sheering sheer pin, that drove me nuts for weeks, till it completely sheered.

Put a timing chain in the 4.0 hoping to solve my random miss and shudder issue. Didn’t do it but the old chain had about 30 degrees of slop measured at the crank. Certainly did not hurt. Next step is either going to be CPS, O2, or map sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready to Install! Just finished the brake lines. Will install pads and rotors after it's under the Jeep.
RAOMwCll.jpg

Dropped a set of 4 hole injectors in. And my right caliper is still sticking so I ordered enough crap to rebuild the front brakes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

All new brakes up front (Raybestos parts) also put the new fender liners in and put new window wipers/scrapers on the front door windows. The old ones were so bad it has put permanent gouges in the drivers door window :(

I really need to replace all of seals rubber around the roll down/up windows.

Also got the no slip installed in the front diff and sealed up with a lubelocker gasket.

Took the kids to the park and stopped at one of the local Resiviours for some pics for Cheroke Form COTM entry.

79dfee00306db08664c9505efb92b531.jpg

9b42216a3ca7bb5fe808fab34cc272e8.jpg

91b3d95bebbd5b793dd858516113a3cb.jpg

df63f472d29defabace964973f07246a.jpg

DevilDog... are you on FaceBook? Pretty dead here so check out our group on TexasOverland there. Not a lot of rock crawling but we get out and about a lot!!!! Looks like you might too so come join us :)

Looks good devildog0!

DevilDog... are you on FaceBook? Pretty dead here so check out our group on TexasOverland there. Not a lot of rock crawling but we get out and about a lot!!!! Looks like you might too so come join us :)
Thanks guys:)

I think I'm a member of Texas Overland and Hunt County Jeep Club. Also Texas Off Road Amatuer Radio Club.

Installed front and rear 2 inch recievers and replaced the fuel filter. The rear had a 3500lb 1 inch reciever but I wanted the 5k 2 inch since it may have to so recovery work. Was a direct swap with one extra bolt required per side.

The PO had left the hitch in the old reciever which had rusted it into place inside the reciever . Copious PB blaster and a mini sledge couldn't budge it. I even hook it to a tree and tried to yank it out and it would move then either.

Pretty sure it was the original 23 year old filter as it still had the Chrysler p/n stamped on it and had the same uniform layer of caked dirt the rest of the undercarriage has. It was also full of the nastiest brown liquid I'd ever seen come from a filter. Hopefully this will tackle be 12MPG I've been getting. :(

f7b2e3139bfdfb4bd0e12e771f83a898.jpg

0c3c3b07f7e9b9b5f2d8e9c785f12230.jpg

7cd575669e0d413a61e98bb4ac9cb632.jpg

get on the facebook group, cherokees of DFW
I found a DFW Cherokee Buy sell Trade page but not aCherokees of DFW

Well after two massive trees, back to back in 2 weeks, on landed on the north side all the way to a neighbors roof, 2 weeks later the south side landed on and 100% covered a neighbors car.... Then one week later I finally got to work on the badly rusted, about 15-20 mini holes and maybe five dime to quarter sized ones roof on my 87 Wagoneer. A day of sanding, grinding, masking and priming with Rustoleum Rust Restorer. Need another days work, then sand, primer, sand prime, paint and clear coat. But lost the good weather already :soapbox:

I am on a facebook group or 2 also, Wagoneers and Renix. The Renix group has 900 members. But you can NOT search facebook with Google to find fix stories. Sites like Naxja are getting rare, and turning into for profit mechanic sites and Facebook is free and drawing the crowds, but if they need to search for help Now, Naxja still has a place!!! But I must admit, I spend way less time here than I use too.

no doubt that facebook has taken a ton of traffic from forums. However, like you said, there is much better information on forums. You can search the facebook groups, but barely anybody does that.

News to me. Because they are dark members only Facebook groups, they are not searchable using search engines with key words. I have not seen a way to search key words inside a facebook , members only page?

no doubt that facebook has taken a ton of traffic from forums. However, like you said, there is much better information on forums. You can search the facebook groups, but barely anybody does that.

yeah facebook groups can be searched. Just go to the top and start typing, it will search in that group, or you can search viewable facebook groups.

Finally got the axle installed. I have bad gear whine and vibrations. After some youtube education, I think the PO of the axle removed some of the shims causing my problems. Now to decide if I can fix it or have a mechanic look at it.

Finally after 4-5 years I have reclaimed an entire parking spot on my Driveway, LOL. 2 ton tree limb than was hanging over the drive way and dropping massive limb bombs :scared: the last 7-8 years finally completely fell and got cut up and hauled off. Base of the limb was about 2 foot in diameter. :scared:That tree was nearly killed in 1983 by the wind (hurricane too 20 foot off the top of it).... 35 years later it is still fighting mother nature, LOL. Trunk must be 36 " dia. Moved up the 89 white 4x4 (The one I finally finished the leaf spring replacement on) to the new, now safe parking spot. :cheers:

Sanding grinding and Rust restore Rattle can Rustoleum) priming the roof on the 87 Wagoneer now.

Daughters from axle U-Joint got replaced this week up Colorado.

Other daughter's 95 Tahoe has a head gasket leak :bawl: (Just replaced the radiator 2 weeks ago) Already has a 100% new AC (coolant /water passing into the exhaust).

And a new friend is getting his spider injector assy replaced next week. GM had to be nuts to install the vacuum assist FPR and Spider injector assy under a plastic intake manifold?

One car getting inspected today, ran the 85 Jeep Diesel 2 days ago, still needs wiring/dash work and a new hood :bawl:

So it's been kinda boring lately, LOL

Try playing some Beach Boys "Good Vibrations: music in the Garage with it over night for a week and see if it changes its tune?

LOL

Finally got the axle installed. I have bad gear whine and vibrations. After some youtube education, I think the PO of the axle removed some of the shims causing my problems. Now to decide if I can fix it or have a mechanic look at it.

Back