• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2020 Fordyce run September 18th-20th

I was hoping to make this trip but unfortunately I cant take any time off until October, but the way things are going, it might be that long before we can even go to the forest!!!

Yeah hopefully they reopen !

I just heard possible red flag warning again this weekend !!

cbs weather news this morning on the radio

They extended the closers for another week so no fordyce. Just talked with Jon and I think he is gonna just come up to reno and wheel. Hit up bud canyon Friday night and run a trail called boondoggle out by moonrocks. Possibly hit moonrocks also Saturday evening.

If we can get a Fordyce run sometime in the first half of October count me in.

same here.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it closed until dec 15th which is when they all seasonally close...

Id be up for this also, anytime after the 5th

Fordyce is opening up again except no dispersed camping until Nov 18th. Camping in established campgrounds is open.
I like Blondejon's idea...anyone with a friend of a friend that has a cabin or private property up there?

https://www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe

Is that the same as "East Meadow Campground"? If so, it opened today... https://www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe

If things work out, I'm open for a run anytime between 9/30-10/18, give or take.

I'm waiting on a call back from the forestry office. If its open I plan on camping at meadow lake October 1st (Thursday night) and just take a day trip down to committee crossing.

Back