• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hinge fix

poolespond

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I posted earlier about my top driver's side door hinge breaking at the weld. I finally got the part that I found on here (5083061AA). What do I do with it??? I have no idea how this thing is supposed to go on. Pics would really help if you guys have them. I was also wondering if I would be able to just weld a plate over where the hinge is right now and weld the hinge to that...?

that happened on my 88 MJ when i was parked facing down a hill and my door swung open. It cracked the welds. I just took my door off and hammered the hinge back into place and rewelded it. It still works fine 6 mon. later and i would bet that its stronger than stock.

poolespond said:
Ok so I posted earlier about my top driver's side door hinge breaking at the weld. I finally got the part that I found on here (5083061AA). What do I do with it??? I have no idea how this thing is supposed to go on. Pics would really help if you guys have them. I was also wondering if I would be able to just weld a plate over where the hinge is right now and weld the hinge to that...?

E-mail me. [email protected]

Back