• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auxilary light mounting

atticus032

NAXJA Forum User
I am running into problems mounting my daylighters...I don't have enough bumper. Any low cost suggestions on how to remedy this. I have already considered getting a roof rack and two more lights, but this too low cost.

Not looking at the lights proper, this is just a guess. Is there anything preventing you from mouting to the FRONT of the bumper instead of the TOP? What's the main clearance issue - is the back of the light hitting the grille?

The two main ideas I see for getting around that are either running the bolts thru the front of the bumper rather than the top, or just "relieving" the grille if that's where you plan on keeping the lights. More information for more information, if you please...

5-90

After banging up my fog lights I cut holes in the bumper. If you mount them below the headlights there's more depth (no frame in the way), assuming you don't have the vacuum reservoir. Some holes in the frame that might fit your lights as well. I have the factory bumper and 3 inch round lights. You might have to add some form of home made bracket. Yeah, yeah I know weaker bumper and other if's and but's, but it worked finr for me.

After I mutilated my stock bumper I realized it wasn't going to work no matter what because the Daylighters were to deep to mount. I tried cutting the base of the mount on the lights so they could be mounted at a 90 degree (bolts facing through the front of the bumper) and that didn't work either. Ended up just cutting some square stock and welding caps on either end. Then I just simply bolted them into the bumper and mounted the lights. It doesn't look the best but they function fine. I wish I wouldn't have wasted all the time trying to figure out how the hell to make them fit. Hope this helps!

sounds ghetto fab..

i like it!! ;)

I got some gettho fab by cutting the easy-to-cut plastic grille. I'll try and post pics. I really need to clean 'em up cause i got sick of it and used a pair of vise-grips. Clamping them really tight breaks off the plastic, seriously.

Back